So I got the jug off....

what???? they discontinued it? WTF!!!! threebond is gonan eb hard to locate i bet.. try a honda,kawi, or suzuki dealer.. ask about thier case sealant.. if it;s gray and smells like testors model glue.. is the right sh*t..

who told you yamabond 4 was discontinued? i had heard that in the past and bought 5.. well 5 sucks!! and then the local dealer told me they brough 4 back.. so i bought a couple tubes... regardless what you use... don't pile it on.. very thin film is the key.... your sealing 2 machined surfaces together.. it only takes a very tin film. so thin you can see through it in fact.. that how i do mine.. NEVER had an issue.. if youi look arouidn you'll see that quality engine builders wil agree.. i gott alook int this yamabond 4 issue.. i'll let you know what i find out.. i'll also locate teh threebond #'s for ya and post them..

I'm gonna go down to the local dealer and see if they have yamabond 4....

who told you yamabond 4 was discontinued?

I was just reading it from doing a search....maybe it was discontinued from that specific site? Can't remember which one it was...but when i typed it in search they said threebond replaced it. I assumed it was discontinued altogether...

Ok so here is the deal...i gotta 1K spending limit on the motor. I know i am gonna be having it stroked, big bored, ported and polished, and bigger carb.

I am in kind of a dilemma...i already got some good input...but i wanna hear it from the masses opinions as well? (Not that i don't trust ya Chris)

Should I use my stock jug and head and get it sleeved with a big bore, get a piston kit for it, and have that ported and polished to match? Also I am wondering....i am wanting to push 40hp limit, so they say the big bore kit makes 32 ho, stroker makes 4 + more torque, and the porting and polishing would also raise the numbers as well. What size carb should i go with? I am gonna run pump gas (93) so how far could I go with it? I've heard good raves about Vito's and LA Sleave...

So what do you all think? I already got pro series Boyesen reeds in the stock reed cage and am gonna run with that now til I can see how much all this is gonna cost. Then run Vforce 3 setup if I have any funds left.

You might want to talk the guy thats going to be doing your machine work about putting a big bore sleeve in the stock jug. Its an expensive process and some guys wont even do it. Might just want to snag the Vito's 240 kit and have the porter work his magic, that could be cheaper in the long run.

funny you say that... compare a vitos and a stock jug.. you might be surprised what you find..

I talked to a reputable company and he gave me his input...I won't disclose anything til it is all done...kinda like a surprise and stuff....LOL

Well let the fun begin!

IMG_8650.jpg

funny you say that... compare a vitos and a stock jug.. you might be surprised what you find..

What are some of the differences? I have no first hand experiences with them so I am very curious.

The only 240 kits I have installed was a CT sonic setup. It used CR250 reeds in it, it was quite the setup. Was a good friend of mines bike. I wish he woulda never sold it now that I came across a blaster that needs work.