Snowmobiles

JD3020

Oct 30, 2008
Farmersville, Ohio
Who all here rides em? We have 4. A 96 or 97 or so Polaris XLT(xtra lite triple) touring, which is my moms. My dad has a 99 Polaris Indy 700 XC. I ride a 99 Polairs indy 500 XC SP. My brother has a 03 Polaris Supersport 550. We ride about 4 or 5 days up in Michigan. About 6-700 miles. But we pull a 26 ft trailer 8 hours north, through all kinds of weather. Last year we almost put er in the ditch coming back. But we ride in the Gaylord area, and up in the U.P. in Michigan. Some of the best riding i think. But who else rides?

Feb07021.jpg

Thats from last year. I have grown a lot, and am not as chubby. But she does about 100 tops. Ive had it at 95, but i had to stop for a stop sign.

Reactions: blasterman312
i dont ride em but i work on them at bondi's. they make a sick custom airbox for the rev that adds an assload of power. they have a drag sled that did 174.5 mph, upped the bottle for the next run, ripped the track in half and it crashed. there building another one right now, 1600cc 2 stroke, nos, the works. oh by the way the one that did 174 was a 1060 they built up.

they have a BOMB ass sleeper sled. forget what it is, ski-doo something but they got a custom crank build, custom case, custom designed head, its a 4 cylinder, its acualy 2 800 engines in one. super cleanly mounted. pro job. it looks like a normal 600 or 800 or something but then its like wana race? PEACE......... lol.

i dont have one but i ride them for a living
polaris all the way
and the best place to ride is KILLINGTON ski resort in vt
come check us out this winter@ killingtonsnowmobiletours.com

Another Polaris guy. Anymore it seems like Polaris dominates. But really, there is no bad snowmobile. They are for the most part reliable, and they are all really good in one thing, that others arent. But it seems like from the factory, snowmobiles are the most tricked out. Like the Polaris Assault. Like a 6 inch riser, and all kinds of other stuff. Its one of the sweetest sleds on the snow. The big 4(ski doo, Polaris, Arctic Cat, Yamaha) seem to really invest in their snowmobile line up.

yeah i really dont like polaris at all im more of a yamaha guy I:I im ganna get a 1980 yamaha exciter 440 before winter hits i like old sleds especially the old skidoo safari 377 like the 1986 area there pretty reliable

just puttin this out there.

i f*cking HATE polaris with a passion.

flame away. they f*ckign blow nut.

yammy/kawi and bombardier.

well the only reason i like polaris is because we beat the ever lovin piss outta these things and they come back for more
but i really dont care what im ridin as long as i dot have to pay the repair bill

jesus christ they are the most unreliable machines ever built. now i dont know bout there sleds, but i know their atv's are complete f*cking trash. if i had a shop i wouldnt even take a polaris machine to work on. thats how much i hate them.

89 polaris indy 400 sport( hate it and all polaris but it was free), 72 ski doo elen, 89 arctic cat ext 580?, 1997 ski doo mxz 670, arctic cat linx 300.

And as 98blaster said Killington is friken amazing, but so is most of the rest of the state for sledding.

i got an 03 f5 with rumblepack silencer other sleds are 05 m7 d&d silencer 141 track 04 660 touring 02 xc 500 w/ 720 predator kit :) 02xc800 pipe silencer cluth vforce 3's and 02xc with 1010 gonna make trail sled this year does 110-115mph in 660ft in ice its set up just right for my bros weight he just hands the ski's the whole strip like 1 1/2 up mine rips till bout 95 but im gonna clutch it for around 100 and get a pipe and vforces hopefully :)

jesus christ they are the most unreliable machines ever built. now i dont know bout there sleds, but i know their atv's are complete f*cking trash. if i had a shop i wouldnt even take a polaris machine to work on. thats how much i hate them.

I wouldnt compare their atvs to their sleds. My dads sled is a 99, it has 11 or 12k on the motor, never been worked on. Great sleds. But 15k is about the life span of most motors, except Yamahas 4 strokes that run forever. But in the snowmobile world, all of the companies are great, but in racing, and i think overall Polaris dominates. But its just what you prefer really.

But for Polaris's defense, i love the Ranger. We have a 07 or 08. It gets the sh*t worked out of it in the summer. We had a 5000 pound trailer behind it, and the axle on the trailer is back to far. So the suspension was bottomed out, and the front end would come off the ground when i would accelerate or turn. So dropped it in low, AWD, and went. Had 7 guys on the front of it so i could steer. It did it with no effort. But i think we hurt the clutch some, cause it makes weird noises. But its held up to one year of abuse, so i think its a good machine.

But for Polaris's defense, i love the Ranger. We have a 07 or 08. It gets the sh*t worked out of it in the summer. We had a 5000 pound trailer behind it, and the axle on the trailer is back to far. So the suspension was bottomed out, and the front end would come off the ground when i would accelerate or turn. So dropped it in low, AWD, and went. Had 7 guys on the front of it so i could steer. It did it with no effort. But i think we hurt the clutch some, cause it makes weird noises. But its held up to one year of abuse, so i think its a good machine.

see. a yamaha's clutch wouldnt fail under that :)

see. a yamaha's clutch wouldnt fail under that :)

Clutch didnt fail. Its never been worked on since we got it. It just caused it to whine more then it was. But its also been overworked, and since its been home, i like to ride it somewhat hard. It launches hard. Gotta love that 700 EFI power.

yea if polarpiss! is so good howcome u always see tucker hibbert leading the pack and wining everything no DOMINATING! #68 all day baby!

Clutch didnt fail. Its never been worked on since we got it. It just caused it to whine more then it was. But its also been overworked, and since its been home, i like to ride it somewhat hard. It launches hard. Gotta love that 700 EFI power.

if it f*cked up from towing that trailer, which by the way i would like to know what this trailer is that ways 5000lbs, and its a 07/08, thats pussy. its bran new and it cant take that. pathetic polaris.