Rear Hydraulic brakes Help!!!!

1994 blaster

Jul 5, 2011
Hi All,
I'm new to the site. I tried doing some research and trouble shooting before posting but I'm at a loss. I have a 94 blaster I bought new and got tired of messing with the stock rear brakes. I've converted over to a 03 blaster rear
caliper, Master cylinder, factory line and I modified the stock 94 pedal using part of the 03 pedal. I rebuilt the master cylinder and rear caliper. I've bled them and they work but the pedal is hard to push. Don't know if this is due to
the pivot point since i'm using the 94 pedal?. It does work i can feel the piston move out a release but the pedal is hard and doesn't have my travel just is hard instantly. I have a 96 KDX 200 and it work with ease. If i remove the caliper it will work and travel easy without being mounted with the rotor in place. I'm at a loss. I've rode the newer blasters and they worked easy and would almost stall the engine until getting used to using the Hydro's vs the mechanical. Thanks for any help.

try re-bleeding them, air in the lines will do what your saying

you can take them off the bracket , turn them upside down so the bleeder screw faces up , then just open it and hang it off the frame so it sits lower than the reservoir and let gravity do it , the air will work its way out of the system through the bleeder screw , and just make sure the reservoir stays full .

sounds to me like you have too much leverage on the master cyl. Maybe the bracket you made on the 94 pedal is too long... just my $.02

I thought it may be a issue with the lever also but the master cylinder on my kdx 200
has a little free play and will work by pushing it with may had and this one is solid as a rock. So I don't think it's a issue with the actual lever.

Hi
When i got my blaster it already had a hydro conversion done with
the stock pedal and it also was to hard and locked up almost instanty
i mesured and found that the pedal lever was to long so i cut and welded it
to make it closer to the size of the 03-06 type and now works great
You have to get the distance from pivot point to the end of lever close to the stock

Hope this helps (sorry for te bad english)
Nuno

Well it was the pivot point as i though. Just got a new foot peg off of 06 blaster and it works like a champ. Had to make some adjustments to the pedal since i combined both the older and newer pedals until I get another pedal. Broke it all down and in the repaint process. Thanks for the help.
Lew