Rad carrier

"That link I posted is a rad carrier. Name another company that makes an aftermarket aluminum carrier!!! "
Look up above your last post. There have been others in the past who have made them. Like I said I can't remember what company made them, but I know for a fact RAD has not been the only company to make a stock style carrier. Even Awk08 said he got the round one used. So we don't know who made it 100%. That sticker came with the bearings. You can see the carrier is used by looking at the picture. Why after all these years of putting there name on them why would RAD stop the free advertising? If the ears are coming loose wouldn't it be easier and cheaper for a company to just weld the ears on the same design they have had for 15 years or so?

"Tke the 88-02 axle setup in an 88-02 style axle hardware and remove your rear brake caliper and tell me how long the axle stays in the carrier. Now try it with an 03-06 axle,remove caliper and see how long it stays in the carrier.Which one wins? Fact of the matter is you are relying on the caliper and 2 small runner seals and clips to hold your axle in."
What are you talking about? Hopefully you are just mad and making mistakes while you type. The caliper does not hold the axle in place on either set up or mine.8-| The caliper holding the axle in place is laughable and wouldn't make it out of the yard probably. How did you even get confused enough to even come up with that? lol

The little collar on a 88-02 axle and and the brake hub and stopper on the 03-06 axle keep them in place.

"Why would anyone go that route and allow all that play in the rear axle?Ill admit anything if I was wrong but you can't prove me wrong and again just a dumb method all together."
Again no way for side to side play in the axle since the 02 collar or 03 hub and the axle nut hold it into the carrier.

I never told him to buy anything. There wasn't enough info to know what he had and what he needs. I told him it should work because that is what he asked.

I still think your wrong on the RAD and I think I figured out how you've confused yourself about the axle/carrier.

im his neighbor only reason he asked is we have two 2002 carriers laying around we just wanted to see if was a possibility save money he ended up buying a brand new RAD carrier straight form their site