Project Bumble Bee Build

Bumble Bee is what we call my bro in-laws 84 Yamaha Tri-Moto 200 3-wheeler. Its all yellow with black graphics...

sounds like it's gonna turn out nice, and good deal with taking your time on the prep work, and lemme know when your all done....... so i can send ya some nice big, 6 time superbowl champion , PITTSBURGH STEELER, decals for it, haha,

Last edited:
sounds like it's gonna turn out nice, and good deal with taking your time on the prep work, and lemme know when your all done....... so i can send ya some nice big, 6 time superbowl champion , PITTSBURGH STEELER, decals for it, haha,

haha.. there you go.

I'm going with a yellow hub and black rims.. Maybe black rims with a yellow lip on them. Still undecided on some of the fine details yet.

Well, just a little update. My swingarm bearings and axle bearing came yesterday. I had a chance to get my frame in primer this afternoon. Got my front hubs primed, painted yellow and clear coated. Got right side a-arms primed, painted black and clear coated. Tommorrow the frame will be getting painted yellow. I forgot my camera at my apt when i went over to the 'rents house so I'll take some pics tomorrow.

Sounds like its coming along great!! About how many hours to strip all the parts down completely to the frame?

If everything would of went well, maybe four hours. It took me longer though because I had to fight with the swingarm bolt. Not too bad once you get into it.

After a full 8 hours of work today this is where I'm at... I:I

Frame with 2 coats of primer
SANY0206.jpg
Rear hubs in primer
SANY0208.jpg
Some itps that I primed
SANY0212.jpg

SANY0213.jpg
Frame with 4 coats of yellow. Will clear it next weekend probably.
SANY0214.jpg

Some more pics from today's work...
Front hubs and caps for a-arms are painted with 4 coats of color and 4 coats of clear

SANY0218.jpg
Rear hubs need to be cleared yet
SANY0219.jpg
Rims turned out great. Need to be cleared yet.
SANY0216.jpg