Problem at hot temperature

AlfonsoBarraza

Jan 10, 2012
My blaster have some kind of problem, I'm not a mechanic so I don't know much things about this motor... When I ride the blaster for a long time the motor starts to get hot (not the problem) but after a while the blaster shuts down, I can't go to the dunes because of this problem, what can it be?

Thanks in advance

Well 1st of all you have posted this in the wrong section , I'll see if the Moderators can move it to the engine section and you will get more responses to your problem .
What would help is for us to know what modifications or changes you have made to your blaster , specifically to the Intake or exhaust and what your current jetting is . When you say the blaster shuts down , does it stumble and the idle falls off and dies? will it start back up? . Have you done a Compression Test? What kind of maintenance are you doing? changed the plug ? cleaned or replaced the Air Filter? Do you still have the T.O.R.S. System on your blaster and connected? Do you still have the Parking brake system on your blaster? .Do you still have the oil injection system on the blaster or are you pre-mixing your fuel/oil and if so what ratio are you mixing it at?
Basically we need more information about your Blaster before we can help you diagnose the problem , and Understand that if you make ANY changes to your bikes intake or exhaust it requires re-jetting the carb , otherwise you risk burning up your motor .

Thanks for your quick response!

Now I realize that I'm in the wrong section :-[

I'm running the FMF full system (pipe and exhaust), when the blaster shuts down I have to wait to start it once again... I haven't done a compression test, I still have the T.O.R.S. System connected, and I'm running the oil injection system... I'm a noob on this as I said before... What really scares me is that one time the blaster got hot and the motor accelerate by itself (hopefully it was in neutral) the switch didn't work, I had to turn off the gas tank!

I don't understand why do you guys refer by "jetting the carb"

Thanks once again! I:I

Jetting is very important. The air / fuel ratio has to be correct. This is more so on a 2 stroke do the the oil mixed in the gas lubacates the cylinder and crank. He fuel also acts to help cool the engine. Sounds like you need to bump up the main jet but do a leak down test first to make sure your not leaning out do to an air leak.

" Jetting " means to replace the brass fuel metering blocks in the carburetor . There is a Needle Jet , a Pilot or Slow jet and your Main Jet . Do a Google search for the Mikuni Blaster Carb and find a schematic . Changing them is simple and having the carb off the motor is a great time to clean it as dirt can clog the ports and pasages and cause ridability issues .

Your Full FMF with NO other changes will require a 250 or 260 main jet , the 230 is too small which means you are running lean and getting hot . I would suggest you ditch the oil injection system ( yes you can find out here by searching a bit ) and Pre-mix your oil and fuel at 32:1 . YOU CAN"T USE INJECTOR OIL IN PRE-MIX , pick up a bottle of Maxima Super M 2 stroke oil and use that .

Thanks for your quick response!

Now I realize that I'm in the wrong section :-[

I'm running the FMF full system (pipe and exhaust), when the blaster shuts down I have to wait to start it once again... I haven't done a compression test, I still have the T.O.R.S. System connected, and I'm running the oil injection system... I'm a noob on this as I said before... What really scares me is that one time the blaster got hot and the motor accelerate by itself (hopefully it was in neutral) the switch didn't work, I had to turn off the gas tank!
I don't understand why do you guys refer by "jetting the carb"

Thanks once again! I:I

This problem is caused by pre-ignition , hot piston/spark plug igniting the charge without the need for spark.

Maybe you have sprung an air leak or there may be a blockage in the fuel system causing a lean air fuel mixture.

A leak down test is advised.

I have a VM Manual for you, let me see if I can attach it. VM is mikuni's round slide (throttle valve) indicator, is your carb the stock carb?