Possibly future blaster owner

cool that dads helping you out with this thing !
sounds like a "be careful" is in order

hmmm, streetbike engine, wonder where you can find streetbike brakes for a blaster ? :)
pm sent.

Reactions: Herpderplol
It is not so much the size of the engine that requires better brakes.

It is the weight of what they have to stop and the contact the tyres have with the terrain, and the speed that you intend to ride.

cool that dads helping you out with this thing !
sounds like a "be careful" is in order

hmmm, streetbike engine, wonder where you can find streetbike brakes for a blaster ? :)
pm sent.
I see no pm lol..
It is not so much the size of the engine that requires better brakes.

It is the weight of what they have to stop and the contact the tyres have with the terrain.
True statement. It'll be awhile before i get this thing in tip top shape. Have some work to do..

If i remember to later i'll get some snapshots of motor mounts.

small individual pod filters for those carbs, add outerwears to each for wet conditons
measure O.D. and search ebay

Wow that's a crazy setup. I hope the beefed up the engine mounts and frame. All air cooled? I didn't see a radiator in the pics, doesn't look like there's room for one lol. Get that thing road legal and start a hauling business!!:D

small individual pod filters for those carbs, add outerwears to each for wet conditons
measure O.D. and search ebay
That's what i'm trying to find, eventually going to try and fab up aluminum box around them with a door to maintain them.

Wow that's a crazy setup. I hope the beefed up the engine mounts and frame. All air cooled? I didn't see a radiator in the pics, doesn't look like there's room for one lol. Get that thing road legal and start a hauling business!!:D
All air cooled which is a little disappointing but i won't be riding it that long. Especially after reading that these motors had common issue with middle cylinder overheating but that was mainly due to being dragged and hitting RedLine.

OH! I found some baffles for $8 a piece on eBay will be my best friends.

Motor Mounts
0531141852_zpsewsaj3wb.jpg
0531141851b_zpsy1rjexll.jpg
0531141851_zpsioa1dtfv.jpg

So after joining a triple cylinder forum i've figured out what motor my blaster has.

Kawasaki S3 Mach 2
Years produced:
1974-1975
Claimed power: 42hp @ 7,000rpm
Top speed: 97mph
Engine type: 400cc, air-cooled, two-stroke inline triple

Pretty pumped about it. Sorry for updating my thread so much lol feel like a post hoe.

So after joining a triple cylinder forum i've figured out what motor my blaster has.

Kawasaki S3 Mach 2
Years produced:
1974-1975
Claimed power: 42hp @ 7,000rpm
Top speed: 97mph
Engine type: 400cc, air-cooled, two-stroke inline triple

Pretty pumped about it. Sorry for updating my thread so much lol feel like a post hoe.

cool you now know what exactly you have, and we want to know everything too, so post away !!!!!!!

I can now understand the reason for the Turfsaver tires (little traction). If you had some tires that bite, you would have a hard time keeping the front down. Especially with a stock length swing arm.

lol! That's my daughters little car, she has a battery powered 4wheeler. When she is old enough i'll get her a 90.