Possibly future blaster owner

WishingBig

May 27, 2014
NW PA
Just realized i screwed my name up didn't mean to put the n after H but whatever.

So might be trading a parts car for a blaster 400 2 stroke. He sent me a picture of it said it runs like a champ, Never crossed my mind to ask what year it was. So generally my question is what should i look at before i decide to take it home?

And what years were the 400's made?

whats up WB, welcome to my other addiction besides the dubs.
no such thing as a stock 400cc blaster, all were only 200cc, an old yz400 engine swap is possible ?
pics ?
and at least that turd is goin bye-bye :)

Last edited:
whats up WB, welcome to my other addiction besides the dubs.
no such thing as a stock 400cc blaster, all were only 200cc, an old yz400 engine swap is possible ?
pics ?
and at least that tib is goin bye-bye :)
HA! i was like wait how the heck does he know im trading for a tib. And okay i'm supposed to call him later today to talk details. Its over in westfield so its close to 3 hour drive for me.

Compression test is very important. Check over everything with a fine tooth comb. Check for cracks in frame swingarm Etc. Esp if this was a custom swap, check how it was mounted, welds on the mounts etc. If you get it, leaktest before you ride, you can read up on it around here, not something you can really do before you buy. And welcome to the forum. You will find lots of help here!!

Compression test is very important. Check over everything with a fine tooth comb. Check for cracks in frame swingarm Etc. Esp if this was a custom swap, check how it was mounted, welds on the mounts etc. If you get it, leaktest before you ride, you can read up on it around here, not something you can really do before you buy. And welcome to the forum. You will find lots of help here!!
Thanks man. I read quite a few DIY's last night on my breaks. I'm super excited to get this blaster. Few of my buddies are jelly.

Cancel that, Friday again lol truck problems.

Where's a good place to get parts? Gonna start looking at new bushings for swingarm. Just simple things it might even not need it.

Last edited:
Cancel that, Friday again lol truck problems.

Where's a good place to get parts? Gonna start looking at new bushings for swingarm. Just simple things it might even not need it.

eehhhh, unless ordering over $100 to qualify for the free shipping from RMATV, i find ebay has better deals for the same parts

for example:

Bearing Connections <(?) swingarm bearing kit from RMATV = $50.99 shipped
http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/762/41099/Bearing-Connections-Swing-Arm-Bearing-Kit?term=blaster

Boss Bearings <(quality stuff) swingarm kit from ebay = $25.99 shipped
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Complete-Sw...Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d1aca75f8&vxp=mtr

Last edited by a moderator:
0531140720a_zpsrscnxqud.jpg
0531140720_zpsqvzdzsgo.jpg
0531140719b_zpsxyrgriit.jpg
0531140719a_zpsen65ymqn.jpg
0531140719_zpsgp5ox9we.jpg

Anyone got a blaster 200 motor? This thing is way too loud and fast for trails lol.

WTH ....a triple ?
that may be a first for me to see, but looks like a decent swap

This thing will make you cry. So obviously from the pictures a few things need fixed and my dad and i came up with some solutions. Will be installing baffles on the bike because thats the part that will make you cry. Next and possibly the most important is figuring out an air box for this bad boy after the three bodies are cleaned.

Then new bigger brakes because we can't figure out what size this motor is it needs as much stopping power as it can get. Suggestions?

So history on the bike kid didn't know much thought it was a 400, from 72-75 kawasaki made 350cc upto 700cc bike motors so determined to find out what motor it is i've got a lot of research to start. We are pretty positive its the 500cc or 700cc. This bike is an animal once fine tuned and adjusted it's beast is unleashed.