polished thumb throttle

mmajay

800 V Twin
Aug 6, 2010
Busco Beach NC/ Goldsboro
This is what your black painted thumb throttle can become with about an hours time with some compound and a polisher or grinder set up for polishing.

14dinbp.jpg
[/IMG]

daaaaaauuuuum the thumb lever and all, very nice work !!!
although i only have the top, done by dually, i used it as a mirror to pick sumthin outta my eye last week !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did mine a long time ago, but it varnishes so quickly that I gave up trying to look like a mirror. It's kind of a dull gunmetalish look now.....doesn't look all that bad. Anything beats the black though.

looks great , how much to do mine? I'll drop it in the mail as soon as you say go!!!!

I honestly hate polishing. Its a terrible job that throws small parts at high speeds at the walls and yourself and possibly breaking sh*t. There are people who make money doing it but i cant see myself doing it for many reasons.

Its so simple to do with a bench grinder that i urge those who never tried it to give it a shot. Materials only cost about 50 bux shipped for wheels and compound and of course a bench grinder.

I cant risk breaking other peoples sh*t for a few bux and the clean up is another story. ScotJ77 would probably do anything you send him if he lays off the new pu**y he fell into.

I honestly hate polishing. Its a terrible job that throws small parts at high speeds at the walls and yourself and possibly breaking sh*t. There are people who make money doing it but i cant see myself doing it for many reasons.

Its so simple to do with a bench grinder that i urge those who never tried it to give it a shot. Materials only cost about 50 bux shipped for wheels and compound and of course a bench grinder.

I cant risk breaking other peoples sh*t for a few bux and the clean up is another story. ScotJ77 would probably do anything you send him if he lays off the new pu**y he fell into.

Yea using anything that spins fast is some dangerous sh*t. I found that out earlier today when dremeling the plastic and having some of that hot sh*t get on my arm......it felt delightful.

I have a bench grinder , what compond did you use? And can the cloth wheel get into all those tiny crevices? I've been wanting to learn to do it , what supplies do I need? And any tips to get started?

ya scott said he will do mine but im lookin for a pipe first i think polished stuff is the sh*tt!

I have a bench grinder , what compond did you use? And can the cloth wheel get into all those tiny crevices? I've been wanting to learn to do it , what supplies do I need? And any tips to get started?

u need to hit it with brown tripolli, wipe it, then hit it with white, the wheels do ok for getting into the crevaces, dremels work better

Here is a brief list of compounds and wheels i use, it might not be the correct way for everyone but works great for me.

Caswell Inc. - Treated Vented Buffs

1ea WBc7 white compound
1ea BRBC7 brown compound
1 ea SSCW87 cotton wheel (white compound only)
1ea BC8 vented buffing wheel (brown compound useage only)

I am sure there are many other methods but i am showing what i use and it works good enough for me. Remember to buy shank sizes that fit your grinder and wheel sizes that fit. Total cant be more than 50 bux shipped or close to it. I assure you its worth the trouble to be able to do your own stuff. Cloth wheel gets in but its tough, lol. Remember use the yellow wheel first with the brown compound then follow up with the white wheel and white compound.

Cool ! I'm gonna get the wheels and compound and get to it . If I can do it I also want to polish my shee axle , clutch and stator covers etc , also Want to polish the 2-1 exhaust I have for the shee , that would look badass

i honestly hate polishing. Its a terrible job that throws small parts at high speeds at the walls and yourself and possibly breaking sh*t. There are people who make money doing it but i cant see myself doing it for many reasons.

I cant risk breaking other peoples sh*t for a few bux and the clean up is another story. Scotj77 would probably do anything you send him if he lays off the new pu**y he fell into.

several times i have thrown pieces clear thru my garage door. If your gonna try doing this stuff be i urge u to be extremely careful and make sure your not wearing a hoodie with strings that could get caught in the motor either. anyone thats looking for polishing my work will soon be available on kenoconnor racing .com

Cool ! I'm gonna get the wheels and compound and get to it . If I can do it I also want to polish my shee axle , clutch and stator covers etc , also Want to polish the 2-1 exhaust I have for the shee , that would look badass

Its very simple. Removeing paint first will make it easier useing stripper but i use media blast because i have easy access to it at work. Clutch and stator covers are fairly simple. I say go for it because my first results were pretty impressive. Any questions ask away.