Pics of my attempt at Clean up Porting

dirtysquared

DirtyDirty
Jun 30, 2013
South Western PA
Its a boring Sunday here, so I decided to try my hand at a clean up port, and exhaust polish on an extra cylinder I have.

Intake at start

Exhaust getting there

Going to go back in the garage and keep working on the intake. I really wanted to try this to see how hard it is......I was right......it is hard!! I'm having fun, and this cylinder is a boat anchor anyway.

just put the exhaust ring in there and get a guide and open it up to that just don't go no bigger then the ring and don't raise the exhaust port in the cylinder too much.. the bridge is hard without the right tools cause its tough to get to..

Thanks for the comments guys. I found out, I'm going to need some diferent tool bits if I continue on with this. This cylinder was the one that came on my white blaster that would need re-sleeved if ever used again. I mostly just did it to pass time, and I've always wanted to try it.

If anything came out of this project today, Its a new found respect for people who are proficient at Porting! I'm almost embarressed to post these pics, but what the hell!

I think I'd better stick with underground plumbing and running equipment!!

I applaud you for the effort. It does take some specialty tools to get in there, and I am sure a steady hand helps. Must be hard to control the bits in such tight areas.

I applaud you for the effort. It does take some specialty tools to get in there, and I am sure a steady hand helps. Must be hard to control the bits in such tight areas.

It is really hard. Even if I get some new tool bits, I doubt I will be able to get in there and do it good. I'm having fun trying, thats all that matters to me!

It is really hard. Even if I get some new tool bits, I doubt I will be able to get in there and do it good. I'm having fun trying, thats all that matters to me!

For the intake and exhaust, I like using a dremel tool with an attachment that allow you to get in there. Than I finish it with jewelers files.

musta missed this thread in my absence :)
lookin good fred for a first try at it, take it a little at a time, you can always take more, but not replace it