Opinion on 06 Z400

iirc there were a couple years that the side cases were prone to break or crack for some reason. i know it was something or other.

that is the same motor as my drz400 had with a few minor differences, such as the top end gaskets are thinner for higher compression and the carb is different, giving it an extra hp or two. i dropped my bike quite a few times trying to stunt it, and i never had any issues with cracking cases, even with the shift lever and brake pedal bending into them and sliding over gravel, etc. people say buy case protectors for that reason, but on a quad you dont need to worry about it.

I would trade if i were you. they go for 2k or more all day long here. as stated before Just make sure you put a manual timing chain tensioner in them. the stock automatic one is junk

i have a buddy that has one and says it has a yoshimura 450 kit?? high compression and race gas..... its pretty quick, he stays with me till i top out and then he's gone. id get one in a heartbeat.

Noober if you meant me, then yes I can do it. And do they come with titles? They don't look like 2006's to me. They have the Pre-06 shocks. The 06-Current have piggyback rezzies and they are much better. Those look like the older models. Check the swingarms. Is there two small bolts to adjust the chain or one thicker one?

Thanks! I'll check into that. Is there any major difference in model years other then shocks. How do the older shocks perform.

Yes the shocks changed and after 03 (first year) they changed the two stud rear end to a one stud tensioner. And the pre-06 shocks are alright for pogos. The difference is the like the difference between stock Blasty and Banshee shocks. Other than that, they stayed mostly the same besides some minor changes such as graphics. The problem with the 03 rear ends is that the studs will break of if you ride hard enough and cause your chain to lose all tension and smack the case. The 04's corrected that because the 17mm stud was bulletproof. The valvetrain stayed the same also. The auto timing chain tensioner can be modified by Tom at TC Racing Engines so that your tensioner and chains will last much longer and it will keep the engine from jumping timing.

Actually newer shocks were introduced in 2005 I believe. So they are either 2004's or 2003's. I would still do it.

Yeah, the new reservoir shocks were introduced in 2005.

I'm rocking LTZ400 front shocks on my blaster. Rides GREAT with my weight on it on these +3 a-arms. I wanted the newer shocks but couldn't pass these up for $25 on CL!

Yeah they aren't bad quads in any way shape or form. Virtually indestrucable. I jumped a 50 foot tabletop, cleared it and landed awkward, went off the track, over a burm in 3rd and smoked a fence and nothing happened but a broken rear stud.

I still have a couple of things to check and if there a go, I'll be trading Tuesday. I'll still have my spare frame and a couple of other parts so I'll still be a Blaster owner.lol.