Official 250x/300ex thread

well did some looking on the net, and the 400ex motor is just a xr400 bike motor, and according to honda, the only thing that changed from the xr250- xr600 was top end, all the motor mounts on the bottom end are the same, so there for a 350x motor fits with just a front motor mount mod and all the motors are the same on the bottom (mount positions) so any motor from a xr should fit, even a 400ex should bolt up... if this is tru i wonder why noone has put a 400ex motor in a 300ex?? and a nother thaught.. the 450r motor is a dirtbike motor also so i wonder if the mounts are similer also...

alright cool, the case covers look a little diffrent but the mount locations are soposed to be the same, the xr250 motor is the same as in the 250x, and the smaller motors have the case on the back extended back to meet the motor mounts, from what ive read theres alot of motor possabilities for these babys

ok guys went and paid more on the blasty yesterday and im picking it up tomorrow, i talked to the owner before the old guy im buying it from, he said its all been rebuilt, new piston/valves/bearings front/rear and the year is a 98 or 99... um they didnt make these past 92 so wtf? is the guy a extreme bullshitter or what? the sticker was takin off when the frame was painted so is there a vin stamped somewhare? can you put a kicker on a 300ex?

alright guys, the vin is kinda hard to see because its been painted but did a 250x ever have a grey frame like a 300ex? because this frame used to be grey