No resistence in clutch cable after rebuild

Banshee Boo

Sep 7, 2010
Rhode Island
This is sort of in relation to a post I placed (Bent Shifter Shaft on 03 Blaster 8/28/10). We removed the clutch basket, etc in order to replace the shifter shaft. Now it's rebuild time...we put the clutch basket back on and tighten the bolts, however now there is no resistence to the clutch cable, thought it moves the devices on top of the engine. Any thoughts?

sounds like it could be a couple things

you may have lost the little ball bearing that goes in there

did you line up the dots on the pressure plate for the clutch?

Yeaaahhh... Afraid that might have been the problem. We have a manual, and my hubby noticed the info about the dots. And he didn't think he saw the little ball bearing...probably means it was lost in the shuffle. Will probably have to look in to ordering a ball bearing from a shop or something... Thanks for the insight!

they're around 50 cents at a dealer, so they're cheap. but try lining the dots on the pressure plate up first and see if that was the issue. also make sure that you adjust the clutch since you've had it apart.

Yeaaahhh... Afraid that might have been the problem. We have a manual, and my hubby noticed the info about the dots. And he didn't think he saw the little ball bearing...probably means it was lost in the shuffle. Will probably have to look in to ordering a ball bearing from a shop or something... Thanks for the insight!

i took a ball bearing out of a skateboard bearing and it worked lol.