New rings and gaskets.....???

NewfieBlaster

Jan 10, 2010
AB,Canada
Hey guys , just toke the head off my blaster , cause where the head meets the base started to leak , the guy b4 me just used gasket maker and there was no gasket there , i was just wondering if i could install new rings and gaskets ? will it be alright to do so go do i need any thing done to the head ??

Thank travis

so are you talking about the gasket where the jug bolts to the cases? or where the head bolts on to the jug

where the jug bolts onto the case , he only used gasket maker and no gasket lol, so i got new gaskets and rings , just wanted to know if its ok to put new rings in or do i need my jug homed or anything , or can i put the rings in the way it is , the jug is not hurt all all good and smooth

Hey guys , just toke the head off my blaster , cause where the head meets the base started to leak , the guy b4 me just used gasket maker and there was no gasket there , i was just wondering if i could install new rings and gaskets ? will it be alright to do so go do i need any thing done to the head ??

Thank travis

if your talking about the cylinder to the crankcase, Vito's performance makes a steel gasket that is rubber coated to stop them from blowing out. yes you can install new rings, just break them in properly.

if your talking about the cylinder to the crankcase, Vito's performance makes a steel gasket that is rubber coated to stop them from blowing out. yes you can install new rings, just break them in properly.

cometic also makes a complete set like that, they are called cometic EST gaskets, i have teh whole set in my motor and wil never use anything else again.

thanks guys 4 the info , ^^ ya ill do my leak down test , i think the only reason it started to leak is that he never used any gaskets , itll be done right this time :)

Trav