new jeep

coreyownz

Apr 2, 2008
hey guys i guess my family has a lil luck my bro just bought a jeep cherokee not sure of year 4in lift and like 35in tires on some nice rims its rusted up but im gonna try and buy it from my bro im only 14 but ill have something to work on.. $200 bucks!!! good cheap car and if i dont like ill sell for a lil profit pics will be up tomarrow I:I

Nice pick up....dont fix it up for a DD, fix it up for a sick ass wheeler...Me and d.jackson are looking into getting an older jeep to lift and make into a crawler.

yea i was gonna do a 6in lift cause i think thats all i can without a solid front axle.. than a nice stereo and seats.. and i wanna paint it like an orange

Dude 6" is stupid for a DD. D.jackson has about 5.5" and its good....It just kills on the gas. Ill tell you more of what to do when I see pics.

ok thanks im only 14 haha it has a 4in so than i just leave it at that and of coarse i need a K&N!!! haha thanks man

yea i need to get pics tomarrow and yea it needs some tlc hopefully my bro will let me buy it from him

yea right now its a green im gonna see maybe a red idk i might not even get it... my parents are cool with it hopefully my bro's in a good mood :)

I've just started getting into jeeps. my dad just bought a 95' wrangler not a scratch on it. The good: Garage kept, good tires, no rust, Has a brand new exhaust (as in My dad bought it Sunday and the exhaust was put on Saturday), American racing wheels. The only bad: The stereo is gone, and its a four banger. But its only got 46K on it so not a bad deal

yea this one we gots a 4banger too as in 4liter but i realy dont care if i still have it by the time im 14 ill use it for going to school and work than when someone wants to race ill take out my dads camaro in 2010 that hes geting cause he wants the convertable

heres mine parked outside the house when it snowed a little bit.

DSC02041.jpg

kool mines way older but yea its 4lter so good on gas.. will get pics up after school

haha jackson, you did the same thing i did with my truck, when i first got it i took it muddin and then drove it up a sandpile and took photos, lol

Dude, Cherokees have solid front axles!! You don't want anything more than 6". I had a tiny bit over 6" before, now I'm at about 5.5 with my green 99, and want to lower it even more. I think I may be throwing 1 ton full width axles in it though first.....decisions decisions. Here's the 99 with about 5.5-5.75" of lift, long arm front, Bilstein 5150s, alcan rear leafs, Dana 30/Dana 44, 4.88s gears, detroit lockers F/R, Q78 TSLs (35.5" tires), tom woods custom driveshafts, armor, etc...oh, and 4.0L inline 6 and AW4 auto tranny, 231 Tcase, you know
IMG_0794.jpg

DSC02106-1.jpg

My other XJ is a 96 with 3" of lift, stock gearing (D30/D44), locked rear Dana 44 (disc brakes, all done up, etc) and 32" mud terrains. I should build it up more but it's hard with so many toys and now a house too!! I've not paid much attention to it lately.
maine014.jpg

maine022.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

Oh, I'm the president of a jeep club, Underground Jeeps. We wheel, a lot, and beat the ever living crap out of our rigs, which is what god put them on earth for...or something, right? Check out www.undergroundjeeps.net

Do you know what axles it has and what gears it has?? What kind of lift? What year is it? If it's 96+, it's expensive to have it over 3" of lift becasue you need to do a slip yoke eleminator on the Tcase. Earlier years you can get away with more lift without needing it, but still it's a good thing to have. Gears are important. Lockers are essential if you want to wheel. The biggest, best tires in the world wont' get you anywhere if only one of them spins!! Suspension is also important, keeping tires in contact with the ground. Luckily cherokees have a solid front axle, which is ideal for offroading. IFS sux for wheeling, so you're lucky. And the 4.0L and AW4 automatic are both great and virtually indestructable. People swap them into other wheeling rigs they're that good. RIP 4.0L!! Damn emissions standards!