new jeep

if its not starting because of a kill switch, first make sure there arnt any unplugged wires from the negative side of the battery, as it may have had an alarm at one time, and a battery cable came lose, sounds dumb but thats where i would start, find out if it had an alarm, if it did and there arnt any unplugged wires from the battery, id get a transponder bypass, if its an alarm issue that should do it:-D

Dude, a cherokee with 32" MTs and a 4" lift is a GREAT vehicle to start wheeling in!! All you need are lockers, some armor and recovery stuff and you'll be able to do some pretty nasty trails for dirt cheap. XJs (that's the designation for Cherokees) are very popular wheeling vehicles because they're cheap, readily available, parts are so universal that they're cheap and very readily available, it already has great suspension stock and they're really cheap/easy to modify and make ridiculous. They may be more common on the trails than short wheelbase jeeps (wrangler type including CJ/YJ/TJ/JK). Grand cherokees are also good, but a little more pricey, and the trannys in them suck. Does that cherokee you have have an auto? If so, you're in luck! Change the fluid and filter, throw a tranny cooler on it and it will last forever!! People swap them into TJs for rock crawling...that's how good they are! And yeah, the 4.0L inline six is one of the best motors for wheeling, hands down. Ultra reliable and a nice smooth torque curve.

man i gotta try and get my bro to sell this too me but i couldnt get it to sart today theirs some electric shutoff safety thing below the wheel what is it?

No clue...probably not stock. Could be a kill switch...sux having to deal with other people's hack electrical projects!!

Was it turning over?? If it wasn't, try wiggling the shifter (assuming automajic). The neutral safety switch on the tranny, which only allows the motor to be started when in park, or neutral, gets finicky when it's old and gunked up. Don't bother replacing it, just carefully remove it, open it up, clean the contacts, fill it with dielectric grease, and it's as good as new.

The more info you give the better I can help solve your problem!