new here i got a fast blaster!

^i think ive seen that pic before too. it resembles the white drag blaster and red sanddune blaster that were on ebay claming to be 300 cc's and had everything chromed out, awhile back.
not to be a dick, it looks nice but im just gonna go ahead and call bs. but thats just my opinion. lets see pics of the motor build up, and if you have no pics id assume is beacuse you bought it like that and didnt do any of the work your self, or your just spewing crap and dont even own it.

Yep, call bullshit on it as well. Saw this puppy on Craigslist a few months ago. Don't remember where it was but it was on there for $7000. Someone made a thread about it as well.

This guy's total bull sh*t

The outside diameter of the cylinder (area where the transfer ports pass) is a given size and limited in ability to flow.

Once you take the sleeve out to where a 77mm piston can fit inside it, it doesn't leave much room around it for things to happen.

At higher rpm's (which a stock stroke crank would be well suited for) you need more port time area (so either area or timing to get a given amount of volume) to be able to flush the cylinder. Because the amount of volume that can pass through the now restricted transfers is limited, you'd need the ports open longer OR much larger to reduce restriction on top.

I think that a blaster cylinder would be better suited for a smaller piston with a longer stroke than a much larger piston with stock stroke. For a given displacement, the larger bore hampers the port layout more.

sure, but i wouldnt call them silly. it would be about equal to an agressive trail port. I:I

sure, but i wouldnt call them silly. it would be about equal to an agressive trail port. I:I

At some point it would actually need to be silly....

While it can be fun (on a prepped track) and super high duration engine isn't long lived or trailable at all.

For a "regular" 4 wheeler, the best bet would be less bore and more stroke (74mm piston with a +4 stroker versus 77mm piston with a stock stroke).

Either way you gain it (bore or stroke) you can't do it with a stock engine, there has to be a replacement sleeve dropped in and it's not laughing matter either way...

I was under the impression that the Trinity kits used a kawasaki jetski piston which, I believed, was a 74mm ("stock" bore) and a stroker. I had heard that the true 265cc wasn't possible without taking it to the last bore.

I'd be interested in tearing down and looking at the T265 if it does in fact use stock stroke. The amount of material that would have to be removed to get the port areas needed without making the timing silly doesn't seem to add up in my mind.

Is this the piston your talking about? lol

Attachments

• $(KGrHqV,!hsE1Qq5uiJJBNYYEVBKc!~~_3.jpg
    $(KGrHqV,!hsE1Qq5uiJJBNYYEVBKc!~~_3.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 193
To get the 265 sleeve to fit you HAVE to bore out the case.. Look at the pic of my 240 to see the part of the sleeve that comes out of the cylinder that has to fit in the case. That is what is bigger on the 265, and for it to fit you have to bore out the case.. If you look closely at the pic of my 240 it looks like the bottom of the 240 sleeve was cut down to fit the case. So if the 240 sleeve is not cut down to fit the case will a bigger bore fit in it??

Attachments

• 042.jpg
    042.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 225
To get the 265 sleeve to fit you HAVE to bore out the case.. Look at the pic of my 240 to see the part of the sleeve that comes out of the cylinder that has to fit in the case. That is what is bigger on the 265, and for it to fit you have to bore out the case.. If you look closely at the pic of my 240 it looks like the bottom of the 240 sleeve was cut down to fit the case. So if the 240 sleeve is not cut down to fit the case will a bigger bore fit in it??

So that is what that submarine is powered by! :D

I have a 240 LOL I'm quite familiar with "the setup" but an extra 5mm ID over the big bore sleeve (72mm versus 77mm) will basically chew up all of the available sleeve, even a big bore sleeve. And it would create an ENORMOUSLY oversquare engine with small transfer ports and about 3mm thick aluminum around the outside of the sleeve.

The end result could be like the HJR 265, a cylinder split all the way through the boost port with the top half laying out in the sand and the bottom end basically destroyed, A 74mm piston on a stroker crank would not only have a longer life but probably put out more usable power (versus a "widowmakers" powerband).

Having never personally worked on a trinity 265cc engine, I can't say how THEY did but if I were building a dune monster, I would bore the case like you say, get a larger sleeve capable of handling a 74mm piston (on it's first bore) and set that on top of a stroker crank. It would be a MONSTER.

I think it's funny as hell , lol @ this kid . Where did you think you were ? This isn't a band of amateurs !!!! . He hasn't replied back , I think he's learned his lesson .
Or he's making a new account and starting all over .

i think i smell cincinnati sewer water ????