new guy

Piston, jug and head is on. Took the reeds out to look at them and they're both cracked. I believe someone else is this thread said the same thing happened to them. I hope this $32 fix wasn't my problem all along lol. So anyway I'm gonna get some reeds and jets today and hopefully it'll be running soon.

Piston, jug and head is on. Took the reeds out to look at them and they're both cracked. I believe someone else is this thread said the same thing happened to them. I hope this $32 fix wasn't my problem all along lol. So anyway I'm gonna get some reeds and jets today and hopefully it'll be running soon.

No, your money wasn't wasted.
My KTM powered Blaster started and ran on this reed. Both sides were this bad.

735161_10151384407510803_192981522_n.jpg

It took a couple more kicks to get started and wouldn't idle well when cold but otherwise ran fantastic, especially at high speed.
Cause was silty water ingestion.

Steve

No, your money wasn't wasted.
My KTM powered Blaster started and ran on this reed. Both sides were this bad.

735161_10151384407510803_192981522_n.jpg

It took a couple more kicks to get started and wouldn't idle well when cold but otherwise ran fantastic, especially at high speed.
Cause was silty water ingestion.

Steve

Mine weren't anything like that, how does that even happen?

Got it all together and it won't start. Doesn't even sound like its hitting. Gonna buy a compression tester tomorrow and go from there I guess

sometimes it's simple how did you put it together? grounds connected spark plug boot on all the way till you hear a click choke on gas on you know stuff like that mabey in your excitement to get it together you forgot something?

Unplugged the black, black/white and yellow (I think) wire and got spark. Started working with the floats and never could get fuel into the bowel and I'm afraid I mutilated the float bracket in the process lol. It seems like the tolerance between the float and bowel is impossibly tight?

alright guys, im sorry ive been gone so long. i work in the heating and air field as a service tech and business has been busier than ever for the past couple months. i actually ended up selling (giving away IMO) the blaster for $350. had a ton of extras to go with the bike. clutch and front brake cable. clutch perch, brake perch and levers. jet kit from jets r us. new floats and carb rebuild kit. bike hada B1 exhaust that i sand blasted and painted a high temp flat black. new top end. all that for $350 and the guy had the balls to call me and say "the floats dont fit" really fired me up but i didnt say anything.

anyway i hate like hell that i sold it. it was a pretty fun project when i had time for it and it was my first rebuild of anything. i will most likely buy another blaster in the future just to rebuild and play with.

again im sorry for not updating this thread a long time ago and being gone so long. really appreciate everyones help, wouldnt have gotten as far as i did without you guys.

alright guys, im sorry ive been gone so long. i work in the heating and air field as a service tech and business has been busier than ever for the past couple months. i actually ended up selling (giving away IMO) the blaster for $350. had a ton of extras to go with the bike. clutch and front brake cable. clutch perch, brake perch and levers. jet kit from jets r us. new floats and carb rebuild kit. bike hada B1 exhaust that i sand blasted and painted a high temp flat black. new top end. all that for $350 and the guy had the balls to call me and say "the floats dont fit" really fired me up but i didnt say anything.

anyway i hate like hell that i sold it. it was a pretty fun project when i had time for it and it was my first rebuild of anything. i will most likely buy another blaster in the future just to rebuild and play with.

again im sorry for not updating this thread a long time ago and being gone so long. really appreciate everyones help, wouldnt have gotten as far as i did without you guys.