New Blaster strip and rebuild in the UK

what guy did you go to in hamilton bud? was it a shop? im thinking about the 3mm vitos crank on my blaster im buying soon :) needs a piston and rings but can get the crank and a piston kit with gaskets etc for £200 :)

Hey mate it was Hamilton motorcycle services hes a tit tho mate cheeky c**t! Started moaning coz i phoned to pick my shocks up on tuesday but never picked them up till today lol, he nearly got a slap!!

Mate any decent motorbike shop will be able to do most things with your engine, you could get a vitos 3mm stroker crank shipped for £170 but the head needs slightly modded to work, Ian E racing does a 4mm stroker crank for £200 check out his page www.ianeracing.co.uk

Hey mate it was Hamilton motorcycle services hes a tit tho mate cheeky c**t! Started moaning coz i phoned to pick my shocks up on tuesday but never picked them up till today lol, he nearly got a slap!!

Mate any decent motorbike shop will be able to do most things with your engine, you could get a vitos 3mm stroker crank shipped for £170 but the head needs slightly modded to work, Ian E racing does a 4mm stroker crank for £200 check out his page www.ianeracing.co.uk

yeah man the 4mm i think you need to do something with your cases for it to fit. i can send my head of to get the work done as i do my engine work myself il email them and ask about seeing if need to send anything other than my head :) i might need to pay someone back off xmas money anyway so might just be going for a piston as im short of 100 quid to buy the quad seeing grandads mate about getting a loan lol :)

yeah man the 4mm i think you need to do something with your cases for it to fit. i can send my head of to get the work done as i do my engine work myself il email them and ask about seeing if need to send anything other than my head :) i might need to pay someone back off xmas money anyway so might just be going for a piston as im short of 100 quid to buy the quad seeing grandads mate about getting a loan lol :)

As far as i know even the 3mm needs case work done!

Cool mate i'll have a look, i joined this site a few month ago and got my quad, went out on it twice then ripped it to bits lol! Havin fun doing it and it will be ready for early spring i hope! Just about everything is brand new!

An sure Ian will do you a good deal mate keep in touch and let me know

i will do mate like i say i wont be getting a full bottem end and top end rebuild for some time yet as the quad runs fine if i have any money left over after i got the other bits sorted i might replace top end my self just get my self a piston kit and top end gasket kit it all adds up in the end

im pretty sure its the 4mm + you need to do case trenching. il see before i decide though :p knowing my luck il be just getting the piston for now and getting port work etc done next year I:I

Quote from vitos page

The PC2003 3 mm stroker crankshaft does not require machine shop work, but may need some hand grinding at the top of cases for rod clearance because the factory castings have variations and they will move the crankshaft centerline around to compensate. So engine mockup should be done to check before final assembly with at least one case half with piston on rod and in the cylinder with the supplied spacer plate,rotating to check clearance.

i will do mate like i say i wont be getting a full bottem end and top end rebuild for some time yet as the quad runs fine if i have any money left over after i got the other bits sorted i might replace top end my self just get my self a piston kit and top end gasket kit it all adds up in the end

Ye top end i would do myself now, you really start to get to know these wee quads after stripping one ;-)

Quote from vitos page

The PC2003 3 mm stroker crankshaft does not require machine shop work, but may need some hand grinding at the top of cases for rod clearance because the factory castings have variations and they will move the crankshaft centerline around to compensate. So engine mockup should be done to check before final assembly with at least one case half with piston on rod and in the cylinder with the supplied spacer plate,rotating to check clearance.

ah well that's the 3mm stroker out my watch list :p haha il just stick to a toomey exhaust and port work I:I

Last edited by a moderator: