new axle for my blaster

germanblaster

Feb 10, 2011
germany
Hi,
my stock axle is bent and now i´m searching for a new one.
I red, that axles from raptor 660 and banshees are also fit in the blaster ?!
The stock axle costs more than 400€ from the yamaha dealer.
I searched in the internet for some aftermarket axles and found a realy favorable axle for only 160€ ( XTREME Racing Hinterachse + 10cm für Yamaha + SMC/Barossa - Löffler-Quads ) What do you think of this axle?
Should i spend a few more €uros for a MX Force Pro axle?
Or is it better, if i am searching for a used stock axle?
Fits an axle out of older model years in my 05 blaster without any modifications?

Thanks 4 your help :cool:

I checked out that axle but am not fluent in german? so could not read description. It's too bad your cross seas, I have a few stockers layin around I'd let go cheap.

And you will need 03+ specific axle, older models will not work (Im pretty sure it's due to the floating disc setup being different size) I have a g-force and it has different spacer setup for 03+ and 88-02, don't know if that is the same cuz I can't read the description???

Hi,
my stock axle is bent and now i´m searching for a new one.
I red, that axles from raptor 660 and banshees are also fit in the blaster ?!
The stock axle costs more than 400€ from the yamaha dealer.
I searched in the internet for some aftermarket axles and found a realy favorable axle for only 160€ ( XTREME Racing Hinterachse + 10cm für Yamaha + SMC/Barossa - Löffler-Quads ) What do you think of this axle?
Should i spend a few more €uros for a MX Force Pro axle?
Or is it better, if i am searching for a used stock axle?
Fits an axle out of older model years in my 05 blaster without any modifications?

Thanks 4 your help :cool:

uummmm the link u posted looks pretty but i cant read a damn word of it lol :). yeah a banshee axle fits and is roughly 2 3/4 inches wide, its nice to get the new axle for the new carrier but u can swap them around by changind out the brake rotor hub as well

that link posted looks to be a good one, with spacers, and prolly able to be set-up for different years (see below) as my g-force axle is able to be used with older or 03+ brake set-ups, just by putting the inner spacers/clips in different positions

i believe for the 05 brake setup you'll need an 03+ axle, the brake disc splines are different from the 88-02's than the 03+ ones
older discs float, 03+ sit solid on the axle
to avoid needing new brake disc/hub, get whats made for your years 03+

the shee axle at least will also require the brake disc/hub to go with it also
not sure bout rappy's

just get whats needed for your bike and avoid further hassle

damn, we 3 are tearing it up today !!!!!!!!

and google will translate any webpage, if you have the google tool bar
i didnt, cause i can plainly see it's very similar to our g-forces

translated ....................

XTREME Racing - axle high polish-coats.
+ 10cm adjustable of 0-10cm broad.
Suitably for Yamaha YFM 660R, Blaster 200, Banshee 350
SMC/Barossa 150-250ccm

GB.....i'd say get that axle, it has to have the different possitions to accomodate the brake hubs on different bikes
nice price too !!!!!

wow , thanks alot for your replys.

I read correctly that this axle is plug and play to my 05 blasty?
If there is no modification required to this axle in my blaster, i am going to order the axle tomorow and get some new bearings,too.
I hope this axle will not bend :D

With this axle and my hubs i will have +19cm wider than stock .
Hubs ( 45mm each side) for the front wheels are offered . How many cm will i get within twisting front wheelsß

If there is no modification required to this axle in my blaster, i am going to order the axle tomorow and get some new bearings,too.

Hubs ( 45mm each side) for the front wheels are offered . How many cm will i get within twisting front wheelsß

i think u mean flipping the front wheels and its a decent gain, the problem is with a 03+ the valve stems will hit the calipers so that needs to be addressed by either putting stems in backwards to fill the one hole and redrill another one on the new "OUTSIDE" of the rim or getting flush mount valve stems and haveing to deal with reaching behind the wheel to air em up

If I may ask, how did you bend your axle?
A motocycle crashed into the rear of the blaster, only the axle is bent frame and swingarm are ok

i think u mean flipping the front wheels
right
The spacers/hubs? with 45mm on each side will arrive soon.
The Problem with the Valves then still exists??

you'll need flush valve stems to "flip" front rims on blasters with hydro brakes, otherwise the stock valve stem will hit the brake caliper

flush valve stems on ebay for around $15 us.
they're chrome and look good too !!!!!

pics of new axle installed required too !!!!!!!

ok thx
back to the axle
atm there is a used mx force axle in ebay for 180€ out of a raptor 660
do you thing i should prefer the mx force axle ?

hi again
today i put the axle in the swingarm
after waitung for this f+++++ axle nut (m33 p1.0, no screw shop had this nut size )=

the install was very easy but i noticed that the right side is longer than the left
now i´m very pissed of this axle, that makes the reartyres unsymetric )=
I thought about flipping the axle so that the axle nut is on the brake side but dont know whether that would help???
Another possibility would to be taking the distancepieces for the wheelhubs on
NEED HELP -.-

HMMMM. I clicked the link to that axle and it's saying it should fit a 660R , banshee and blaster??? I'm pretty sure the 660R is a different axle dimension! Do ya have a pic of it?, Some times it looks longer but when ya get the tires on it normal?