need some help

curt514630

Feb 21, 2010
madison ohio
alright guys finally got the bike together, but it is running extremely hot, hotter then normal. also when i get into fith the bike seems like its bogging then i hit sixth and it just doesnt want to go. even stalled out on me. then i had to wait a minute before it would fire back up. could this be caused by to big of a main jet. i have a 280 in there and my only mods are dg pipe k&n filter with lid off. tors delete oil injection block off. and i tried to do plug chop but couldnt wind out 6th gear but tried it and it came out a greyish color

well first off you should ditch that k&n if you are anywheres where its dusty or muddy, they let stuff pass through that others dont.
second without doing a plug chop , just look at your plug, if it looks grey its lean. if its black and wet its rich. sounds like your runnin lean to me.

it just seems strange that it is lean with a 280 main in it cause the pipe is only a dg exhaust maybe i should try a 300? how do you check for air leaks?

whydont you just get like one or two smaller and one or two bigger and test them? I got a 270 in mine and it seems to be ok then again I havent got to get it into sixth gear yet.but i cleaned my plug and put it in and if any thing when i took it out I might be running rich.. But it feals perfect to me..