Need jetting range

Herpderplol

BRRAAAAAAAAAPP
Aug 22, 2012
Dickinson, ND
So when I got my new blaster, I compression tested it before I bought it, the plug is very black. I can't read the jet that is in the carb, as there was some residue... And it won't come off...

Lots of smoke currently.

Mods:
Stock bore/head/port
Dg pipe and silencer
28mm mikuni
Uni air filter (no box, mounts directly on carb...)
TORs will be removed soon... I have it disconnected, just need cable

That's all I know for engine mods, ask me if you need more info...

I think dg recommends a 250. Not sure if they took premix and lid removal into account. I'm not really sure about the mikuni 28mm. I would put a 280 in and plug chop it.

Well giz tells me with bigger carb, smaller you go... So i dont think a 280 would be good to start, it almost looked like i have a 240 but giz tried to sand the stuff off and now i cant see anything...

Have you leak tested it yet ? A lot of smoke usually points to a leaky right/clutch side crank seal ! Or of course it could be an excessively rich mixture, which is what it sounds like you suspect is the problem. Regardless you should leak test asap being that you just bought it, again if you havnt already !

I just leak tested yesterday.

So I ran it out of fuel a few days ago, so I checked bore size and leak tested it. I filled it up with new fuel and it seems to smoke less... Almost like the PO had mixed fuel with the oil injection still on it... Now its just a little smoke, seems perfect now lol

Lots of smoke currently.

Mods:
Stock bore/head/port
Dg pipe and silencer
28mm mikuni
TORs will be removed soon... I have it disconnected, just need cable

DG = #250, plus 2 for air filter, and for a filter mounted directly on the carb mouth with no restrictions, plus 3 sizes more.

I would be plug chopping starting with a #300 main jet, if you mix at 32:1 a #310.

Bear in mind the float level and idle must be adjusted correctly before you plug chop.

Smoke bears little in relation to jetting if it is blue smoke, if it is white smoke you need to leak test.

I run similar mods to you other than the DG which calls for one size smaller main and I run a #320 and get excellent results in a warmer climate than yours.

I just leak tested yesterday.

So I ran it out of fuel a few days ago, so I checked bore size and leak tested it. I filled it up with new fuel and it seems to smoke less... Almost like the PO had mixed fuel with the oil injection still on it... Now its just a little smoke, seems perfect now lol

If oil had been mixed into the gas and still running with oil injection the AFR would have been so lean it would have bogged.

Also there would have been excessive oil and would have smoked more than a 12 year old behind the school toilets.

If oil had been mixed into the gas and still running with oil injection the AFR would have been so lean it would have bogged.

Also there would have been excessive oil and would have smoked more than a 12 year old behind the school toilets.

Well ok. We will see if the new gas fixed it. The pro had it for two months and only used one tank of gas so it may have been a little bit old...

So im back at this again, going to clean the carb today, leak test too

Mods:
Stock bore/head/port
LRD pipe and silencer
28mm mikuni
Uni air filter, directly to carb with the tube/hose, no box

New jetting, going to order some soon, so i need a range please I:I

28mm mikuni
LRD pipe and silencer
KOR aggressive trail porting
Head mod

Does a head mod require jetting change? I dont think it would, but some other people think differently right now and i want to settle this...

With the filter on the carby throat I would be starting with a #320 and plug chopping back to confirm.

Experience tells me that with the placement of the filter, you may consider lifting the needle one clip, but 1/2 to 3/4 plug chop to confirm.