My new (used) blaster! And want your wisdom!

ZxAlucard6r

Apr 4, 2007
So i got pics of the quad, and close ups of the carb and suspension... If anything looks aftermarket let me know, im pretty sure the grabbar isnt stock though.

I wish they hadnt painted it... but oh well, once i get it all running just the way i like ill look into new plastics.
blaster006.jpg

blaster005.jpg

blaster001.jpg

blaster002.jpg

blaster008.jpg

blaster009.jpg

haha i just noticed the damn clamp holding the 2 pieces of the exhaust together came off... dammit

nice looking project... love the colors

Yea tomorrow im gunna throw it in the van and take it to the carwash on my lunch break... They have a pressure washer there that should clean it up nicely. It doesnt have any gunked up mud on there so i dont think the owner will mind.

Does the suspension or carb look stock though?

Be careful with the pressure wash. It's bad for certain parts, such as the O-rings (on the chain.) Just use that on the worst parts, and be careful.

Nah it wont be near the chain, ill do just like i do on the 636, the engine (avoid carb) plastics, suspension, and swingarm. But i wont put it directly on the carb, chain, or around the gas cap

ZxAlucard6r said:
Yea tomorrow im gunna throw it in the van and take it to the carwash on my lunch break... They have a pressure washer there that should clean it up nicely. It doesnt have any gunked up mud on there so i dont think the owner will mind.

Does the suspension or carb look stock though?

The carb and suspension appear to be stock.

As far as the pressure washer, id say go nuts. I'm assuming your going to drain all the fluids and rebuild the carb anyway, just pressure wash the crap out of it. At this point, it will do way more good than harm. Try to avoid seals and gaskets on the engine however.

as for the platics and there terrible shape, I would take them all off (easy job) and pressure wash the bajesus out of em, close up too! that should take alot of that paint off. Then hit it up with some paint remover and they should look 100% better

Well i will be the one to point out the obvious the silencer and the grab bar are after market...lol. but anyways it does look like the rest of it is stock, so does it fire up now or does it not run at all.

It starts up on the first or second kick every time... Actually i pulled the carb off today and it looks perfectly clean, along with the reed valves. But the bogging is getting worse, so i picked up a NGK B7ES plug today to try that tomorrow... If it doesnt improve ill pull the head off and see exactly what size piston is in there. If it isnt big bore (i doubt it, maybe bored over some) then ill jet it. The whole exhaust is aftermarket, i forget the name of the expansion pipe tho

blaster003.jpg

Heh it says pro somethin on there... i read it today but forgot what is says.. And the name of the makers starts with a c

its not procircuit though... im gunna clean the bike up tomorrow at the car wash so ill let you know exactly what is on there. Also when i had the reed valves out i took a peek in the cylinder, and that side of the piston is also perfect. Im really happy about this, the engine seems to be in perfect shape. I just have to get it tuned right, i also got the front brakes working correctly... so now its just a rear brake cable and i have a perfectly functioning blaster for 300 dollars

Well, it IS a procircuit lol. I just put the new plug in, the old one was in fact nice and caked up, sounds alot better but i havnt had a chance to ride it yet to see if it really fixed the problem or not.

i just noticed the tubes near the carb are not attached, did that thing go through a fire? because i thought i saw one like that.