my blaster..

prettyfly93

Feb 9, 2009
Langhorne, PA
i might be trading my blaster for a 2001 raptor 660.. I need a bigger quad. The raptor just has full skid plates, front bumper, and bars. everything else is stock. the clutch is new. the guy has paper work for all the work. He says that the quad has to much power for what he needs... so i dont know know yet. my other option is that i can get a 660 raptor for 500 buck. but the motor has to be put back together. i could buy that and put the raptor motor in the blasty!!!! dont know yet.

well i decided to buy the raptor for 500 bucks. gonna rebuild the motor and but the motor in the blasty. Yea i know that its a four stroke but it should be a good project. Ill let everyone know when i do this cuz im gonna sell the motor in my quad!!!

01 660s are prone for bad trannys so look beyond just putting a motor together, may have other issues

Did you get rid of the blasty? I hope to god you didnt trade it for a 2001. 2001 has the worst of worst problems, especially with the tranny. since you got the raptor now, IDK which one, set $180 aside for a one way starter. That is the most common part fail in all of the raptors. Get an L&A. The stock one will eventually give out, but if i was you, change it before it happens, so its less work.

ok well i still have my blaster!!! Im goin to go look at that raptor with the motor all apart. He said that the 2nd gear shift fork is bent. I read all the stuff about the 01 trannys so the motor is already apart im gonna buy a 02-05 tranny and put it in. Instead goin though the hassel of rebuilding the stock sh*tty 01 trans. SO all in all ill have a 660 raptor for under 700 bucks!!!!! A used 02-05 trans on ebay is like 300 bucks and im getting the raptor for 300. Its a hard deal to pass up!