My 1st Blaster

Not having any luck getting a rear carbon black fender.

Brought and payed for it on eBay from one company got a message a day later and not in stock so I order from another company only to get a message a day later to say not in stock.

AAAHHH crap. Don't list things on eBay if you don't bloody have them. Got a full refund from them so tried another company that had them listed on ebay and I asked if they had in stock and reply was no and that its a special order item that I could order from them so I ordered it and payed been 2 weeks now and I have just seen that they updated there eta from this month to next another another 4 weeks. AAAHHH.

So emailed maier MFG to see if they have it. Think I will be asking for a refund before I cannot get one.

Last edited:
Got a template file so I can do some custom graphics.

I work in a design, signage, print shop so got all the gear to do one stickers.

Be using Adobe Illustrator CS6.

YFS%20200%20Blaster%20Maier_zpsaf2tp5rh.jpg

Reactions: Blaster528
Got my swing arm skid plate, fuel cap, park brake bock off plate, Aluminum Quick Turn Release ATV Whip Flag Holder, DG Alloy Front Frame Guard

Still waiting on my tors eliminator kit. Slow as shipping Hope to have it this week.

Finally got my tors eliminator kit. and photo of some other parts.
DSCN3555_zpsuqn8u6oz.jpg

Sticker template printed to scale to check fitment.
DSCN3541_zpszmemjxjr.jpg

Test fitting parts to work out gusset placement for front of nerf bars.
DSCN3554_zpszkxeddc3.jpg

DSCN3553_zpsnrcw3equ.jpg

Also been sorting out my gusset kit.
Blaster%20Gussets%20Mark_zpsv13n4w6s.jpg

Last edited:
Got my gussets kit today. will start stripping the spots down to the metal where the gussets go this weekend.

DSCN3560_zpsl8jpgtup.jpg

DSCN3561_zpsc6k7mpa4.jpg

Next week the frame will be off to the engineering shop to get all welded up.

Reactions: Awk08 and JoeJoeSX
Started cleaning the spots on the frame for the gussets. Brought a paint stripping wheel that I am using in the electric drill and works mint and just using a small file and sand paper for hard to get to bits. Have photos on the weekend.

I guess I don't quite understand what you were saying you have to do to get the xfr nerf bar mounts to fit with the skid plate. I would love to eventually put some skid plates and nerf bars on my blaster and i'm looking into getting the xfr nerfs but could you explain again what you had to do to get them to work together?

Will be mounting the Nerf bars as they should be installed like this.
DSCN3553_zpsnrcw3equ.jpg

And the frame skid plate will be mounted as it should be apart from the 2nd mount from the front.
DSCN3503_zpseiflsok3.jpg

This gusset with the white circle around it will go into the bottom of the frame as a gusset and a mounting point for the skid plate. The 2 notches in green circles are to clear the U bolts on the Nerf bars.
DSCN3560_zpsubg7wizy.jpg

Basically I'm just going to be putting a bolt holding the skid plate to the gusset with a spacer sandwich in between the gusset and skid plate

good stuff so far mark !

with a spacer sandwich in between the gusset and skid plate

speaking of spacers under the skid.......
I have 2" long rubber hose sliced length wise between my skid plate and frame, 3 up each side.
keeps the skid from rubbing bare spots, allows water to flow out and me to wash dirt out the crack created by spacing it down an 1/8"-ish, and also allows the skid to flex a little on hard hits and not dent the frame

Reactions: nick20555
You should sell this as a kit.. Just a thought

Thanks dude.

good stuff so far mark !

speaking of spacers under the skid.......
I have 2" long rubber hose sliced length wise between my skid plate and frame, 3 up each side.
keeps the skid from rubbing bare spots, allows water to flow out and me to wash dirt out the crack created by spacing it down an 1/8"-ish, and also allows the skid to flex a little on hard hits and not dent the frame

Yeah was thinking about that. Was thinking flat rubber but your idea sounds good.

Will be mounting the Nerf bars as they should be installed like this.
DSCN3553_zpsnrcw3equ.jpg

And the frame skid plate will be mounted as it should be apart from the 2nd mount from the front.
DSCN3503_zpseiflsok3.jpg

This gusset with the white circle around it will go into the bottom of the frame as a gusset and a mounting point for the skid plate. The 2 notches in green circles are to clear the U bolts on the Nerf bars.
DSCN3560_zpsubg7wizy.jpg

Basically I'm just going to be putting a bolt holding the skid plate to the gusset with a spacer sandwich in between the gusset and skid plate

That makes since now. One other question though...is there a reason why all the gussets have curved edges?

I never heard of the blasters having frame problems but I guess I'll have to look into something like that next time I have my blaster torn down to the frame since I now work closely with very skilled welders and have access to powder coating to make it look pretty after. Probably wouldn't hurt since I'm a big guy

Curved edges was just a style thing. They could be done straight and with out the holes in them.

Frame prepped ready for the engineering shop to weld in gussets and brackets. Also removed the oil injector tube rail and rear brake light switch bracket and shaft knob bracket for stock air filter. Just need to remove the grease nipple and bushes out of the steering.
DSCN3563_zpsjj1kqkb6.jpg

Cannot wait to Tuesday to take it to engineering shop. Would take it Monday but is a 3 day weekend here in New Zealand.

Back again with a update.

Frame with gussets and brackets installed.
DSCN3574_zpsm4eusvbw.jpg

Mounting the frame skid plate.
DSCN3593_zpsrzj2xdly.jpg

Middle mount, temporary bolt, washer and nut.
DSCN3594_zpsezawyzrw.jpg

Slots to clear the nerf bar mount U bolts.
DSCN3597_zpsaerexwxm.jpg

Nerf bar install.
DSCN3596_zpsv0gkmu71.jpg

Front nerf bar mounts mounts clear the frame skid and the gusset.
DSCN3595_zpsmeqrrqki.jpg

Front bumper installed after doing a little modification to the front frame guard.
DSCN3592_zps78leoiqo.jpg

DSCN3591_zpsu6ruvb72.jpg

DSCN3590_zpsaivtazgs.jpg

Remarking the coil mount bracket as mine with cracked and one of the mounting nuts was broken off. I also removed the knob shaft part that is used for the stock intake rubber pipe.
DSCN3586_zps58kp5wcg.jpg

DSCN3587_zpsc8oouvyl.jpg

Last week I ordered:
Heavy duty +3 swing-arm
Honda TRX400EX rear shock
Yamaha blaster 400EX shock spacer kit
Rear custom black carbon fiber fender

Parts I need to still get:
Front and rear brake lines
Front A arms Most likely +3
Kill switch
and most likely other parts and bolts.