moved my rear fenders back 4 inches..

super noober

Can't Stop, Won't Stop!
Feb 17, 2009
upstate ny
EDIT: NICE PICS START ON PAGE 2 FIRST PAGE LOOKS LIKE GARBAGE...

once i saw how freek and batt moved thier plastics back to make the machine look bigger i had to do it so here are a few pics of my plastic relocation project so far.. ive still got some trimming to make it perfect that im skipping on these plastics because they are junk and im just using them to learn on. im not sure if im diggin how i cut the lower part of the plastics so i need opinions on that before i move on to my actual plastics i use.. i like the longer look for sure I:I what do you guys think? especially about cutting the lower parts off?? and again, remember this is just prefab i didnt take my time with the cuts or make everything perfectly square :D :D

BEFORE-
PLASTICS1.jpg

AFTER-
PLASTICS2.jpg

AND THE LOWER PLASTICS-

PLASTICS3.jpg

PLASTICS4.jpg

Last edited:
Im gunna have to pass on the idea of it. Idk im just not crazy about it but hey thats me!
If it met up good with frame rails and that big trunk thing on the back of the plastic wasnt sticking out, maybe... but hey if you like it, screw everyone else.

Im gunna have to pass on the idea of it. Idk im just not crazy about it but hey thats me!
If it met up good with frame rails and that big trunk thing on the back of the plastic wasnt sticking out, maybe... but hey if you like it, screw everyone else.

lol yeah, you need to cover the part in the back, batt used a nice piece of aluminum, im thinking diamond plate or some black plexiglass. and as far as things lining up better its because i need to trim the plactics for those bumps on the bottom of the seat to fit into. i just kinda forced it on to get a feel for it lol

i'm liking the look of it , the heelguards are cool looking too , what are they off of? I might have to score me a set . I might do this on mine by cutting the fenders off then just moving them back somehow , gives the blaster a interesting look for sure

i'm liking the look of it , the heelguards are cool looking too , what are they off of? I might have to score me a set . I might do this on mine by cutting the fenders off then just moving them back somehow , gives the blaster a interesting look for sure

thanks man, the heel guards are stock yfz 450. once i go back and do it with my good plastics and take my time with the cuts and whatnot i think its gonna look real good, still not sure about the bottoms, i think im leaning more towards leaving them..??

Your silencer is upside down, (ya I might get over it one day, haha). Looks ok, it needs something from the bottom of the fender to the heelguards, and where the space is from the plastic to the frame under the seat and it would look pretty good.

thanks for the opinions guys, keep em coming! I:I i am going to leave the lower fenders when i do it for real, i think it looks like a sh*t hackjob with them cut off lol I:I

lol yeah, you need to cover the part in the back, batt used a nice piece of aluminum, im thinking diamond plate or some black plexiglass. and as far as things lining up better its because i need to trim the plactics for those bumps on the bottom of the seat to fit into. i just kinda forced it on to get a feel for it lol

That would look sick, and thats a pretty good idea too! I can see that lol. The seat looks a tad bit "buckled" If you can cover that spot up and not "force" it on, it will look bitchin!

yea cut them like blasterdudes, cut the edges off, well 45* like he said, also what if you tried to just slide them back like 2.5 or 3 inches so that way it would look more even with your swinger and also it wouldnt make suck a big gap between the fenders and heelguard

yeah blasterboy i like the way your fenders look I:I here are a few pics of my progress for real on my plastics i use, i trimmed the little feet off the bottom of my seat and thats sitting better, still workin on it but its coming along nicely! and where these plastics are at is prolly more like 3 inches back I:I I:I

plastics5.jpg

WowI:I Looks good and cheaper then buying banshee fenders like i did..
I like the way blasterdude27 cut his lower fender.. So go for itI:I

I:I Its looking good noober I:I

Looks good, I still say cut them, then make something to fit between the heelguards and the bottom of the fender, so it isn't so open, but thats me. Either way it looks sweet and has me to thinking.