Mikuni magic

rich1

Jan 6, 2014
N.C./RTP
I stated that Mukuni does not give enough info for their carbs to the public.Ill give you a perfect example that all can relate to. ...
In the stock 26 mm Mukuni Blaster carb near the overflow tube in the float bowl there is a small hole and a large one.In the large one there is a jet that can be replaced / changed . What is it called and what does it do ? BTW.... Don't look look for it in the online Mikuni tune manual its not there !

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    191.9 KB · Views: 193
i've seen it, but never bothered with it, my stock mikuni runs great for what i do, if it ain't broke...don't fix it

i'm guessing some kind of vent for the bowl/drain ?

Why are you so fixed on making the stock mikuni sound like crap? :rolleyes:

We dont need a mikuni tune manual, we use something better called plug chops :p

i've seen it, but never bothered with it, my stock mikuni runs great for what i do, if it ain't broke...don't fix it

i'm guessing some kind of vent for the bowl/drain ?
Its called a blowdown jet...it is supposed to help meter /equalize backpressure for a choke circuit. The carb body has a TUBE that goes down inside the large hole. That large hole has a jet in it that comes out of the small hole in the float bowl body However..:eek:. If you apply pressure or vac to the TUBE neither will go anywhere since there is no hole drilled in the carb body. Go figure :rolleyes: Mikuni Magic

so this blowdown jet has to do with only the choke circut ?
my choke works ghetto fabulous as it is.

sounds like they used the same bowl/body for a few applications ?
and ours didn't require that set-up ?

the stock mikuni is a great and sufficient carb for even high hp engines. also a lot easier to fine tune vs the keihin carb. That's the main reason I sold ya the pwk.
Just my $0.02.

Why are you so fixed on making the stock mikuni sound like crap? :rolleyes:

We dont need a mikuni tune manual, we use something better called plug chops :p
Knowledge is power ...so you don't know either.
Im not trying to make anything look bad.But this carb seems to be overly sensitive to idle mixtures, members say they have to adjust it all the time.It has parts in it that it does not even use .Mikuni Magic.. It has 32.5 idle jet what else runs that jet ? I asked 2 Dealers here for one they never even heard of that size . I had to get it from Shindy that makes OEM carb parts in Japan.The carb does work , I just said there are other brands I like..:p

the stock mikuni is a great and sufficient carb for even high hp engines. also a lot easier to fine tune vs the keihin carb. That's the main reason I sold ya the pwk.
Just my $0.02.
The only thing that you had to change to use that carb( other than jetting) was the needle to a JJH... the 3.5 slide was fine. I said the Mikuni works but it could be better ... JUST MY 2 CENTS !

so this blowdown jet has to do with only the choke circut ?
my choke works ghetto fabulous as it is.

sounds like they used the same bowl/body for a few applications ?
and ours didn't require that set-up ?
Correct.... in the carb industry its called a workaround ....it works but....:rolleyes:

The only thing that you had to change to use that carb( other than jetting) was the needle to a JJH... the 3.5 slide was fine. I said the Mikuni works and it couldnt be better ... JUST MY 2 CENTS !

well aslong as we both agree the Mikuni is the better choice, that's all that matters. :D lol

Really ? Ok ...Aslong (?) as we agree I got a Keihin 28 mm PKW that costs $190.00 for... well you know !:D
lol yeah I pretty much gave ya that thing, oh and a new cable too! :D
I was just messing with ya. Both are great carbs. I do believe the mikuni to be a simpler carb for the average joe(me) to mess with though.
Nonetheless its pretty much like every other debate known to man. Did I mention I'm a Chevy guy? lol

lol yeah I pretty much gave ya that thing, oh and a new cable too! :D
I was just messing with ya. Both are great carbs. I do believe the mikuni to be a simpler carb for the average joe(me) to mess with though.
Nonetheless its pretty much like every other debate known to man. Did I mention I'm a Chevy guy? lol
No you did not....:rolleyes: that's a bad word around here in Ford country. Im just used to Keihins from working on Honda so long , I can work on both . Im cert . for Fuel Injection too now that is on atvs ,bikes Thanks to EPA

Knowledge is power ...so you don't know either.
Im not trying to make anything look bad.But this carb seems to be overly sensitive to idle mixtures, members say they have to adjust it all the time.It has parts in it that it does not even use .Mikuni Magic.. It has 32.5 idle jet what else runs that jet ? I asked 2 Dealers here for one they never even heard of that size . I had to get it from Shindy that makes OEM carb parts in Japan.The carb does work , I just said there are other brands I like..:p

Overly sensitive to idle mixtures, members say they have to adjust it all the time!
I never had that problem with mine, when i had one back in the day! But the keihin i have now was driving me crazy!

Overly sensitive to idle mixtures, members say they have to adjust it all the time!
I never had that problem with mine, when i had one back in the day! But the keihin i have now was driving me crazy!
Was or is ? I admit..They are a little hard to set up at first but once you get it right it will be precise. Why did you change to a Keihin then ?They make HP that's why ! I have 2 Mikunis for Blasters here that I have had to change both idle air mixture screws , worn so bad from adjusting the screw head slots were ruined and the tips were flat ! I got the info off the site about the members adjusting them.
Damn this is a tough room , Is there even another type Mikuni to run ...flat silde , oval or what... Im open.

I have had good result with a mikuni.
GOOD... could it be better ? Like I said before this Blaster carb is an 80s style adapted carb. My question remains ...is there another Mikuni that works on a Blaster besides this one ? I like always like to look for an edge when I can .