Maxiumum power out of the 200 cc Blaster motor?

DarkHorse281

Sep 30, 2009
Your guys are great. I haven't posted much on here since I just got my first blaster, but I would like to congradulate you on an excellent web site. Everyone is so forthcoming with information and willing to help other members. Having recently joined the 4 wheeler community, I am impressed by how friendly and welcoming everyone has been. I have never once felt like an outsider since I started this new hobby. Thanks guys!

Now down to business. After I bought the blaster I wanted to buy another frame with a clear title. I found out after I bought the blaster that the original owner never cleared the title and there was a lien on it from an out of state bank. By the way I am the 5th owner. None of the other owners ever tried to register it so I believe them when they say they didn't know about this issue. Anyway, in my search to find the new frame I stumbled across another blaster that was not running, but it was all there. It is a 2000 and it is in pretty good shape for $100. The only thing cosmetically wrong with it is the seat being torn. The clutch needs to be put back together, but to do so I need to get the basket and cover. After that it should run. I think that I am going to go through the whole thing and make it a project. But what would like to know while I got the engine out and I am working on it is "What is the maximum amount of horsepower I can get out of one of these 200cc motors?" Second, " What is the maximum amount of horsepower that I can get out of the motor and still have dependability without having to go through it every 2 or 3 months?" When I get done with it I will post some pictures for everyone to see. Thanks for the help. -DarkHorse-

well for the best power and still keeping reliability go with a port and polish with a good aftermarket pipe f7, LRD etc. with v force 3 reeds. you should have around 30 to 35 horsepower depending on what its set up for

i would say that it would not be hard to get 30whp and keep it as reliable as stock (porting, exhaust, vf3 reeds, and a stock carb w/ oil-injection disabled/removed) for $500-600. you can get a very reliable and rideable blaster anywhere from 35-40whp for $1200-1500 (porting, exhaust, vf3 reeds, 35mm pwk, hd clutch, stroker crank/big bore/ or both, and oil-injection disabled/removed). the 35-40whp level if jetted and assembled correctly with machine work done by a good builder you will have a very reliable combo (maybe 80% of stock). however, before you pump too much power (35-40hp) into the blaster i would look at updating the suspension.

Reactions: royalt67
I hear what you guys are saying. Truthfully, my heart is with the raptor 660R. I have a raptor 660R, but my wife is trying to take it away from me in our divorce. What I would like to do is to really make this thing look and ride nicely. Then I am going to sell it and make a bit of money to put towards buying another 2003 Limited edition 660R. But you never know I may fix this thing up and fall in love with it. I like the blasters. They are great fun, however I tend to get left by al of my buddies that riding Raptors and 450 anything. After getting a taste of it for the last few weekends, that is all I can think about. Kind of like a drug. So, anyway I really don't want to pour a lot of money into the blaster, but I do want it to make it look irresistable and ride excellent. That way when I get ready to sell it, whoever comes to see it and test it out can't walk away. That is my goal. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks -DarkHorse-

if u build it up and mod the hell outta it, u can hang with ur buddies on there 450's.........idk bud....u just might not be able to let it go when ur done lol

i know it. But that will fine. I really like how easy they are to work on and how readily available the parts are. Maybe I'll just end up with two four wheelers.

also, it makes little sense to put too much into the blaster so that it will sell. blasters do not command too much money when built over a stock bike. if done correctly you can build a nice bike for little money say $2000. this would included a port and polish, carb, exhaust, vf3 reeds, rear shock 400ex rear, a-arms w/ 450r front shocks, and some powder coating. this would be a nice running and looking quad. it would also have about the same whp as a raptor/450r but less torque but it would also be significantly lighter and a little smaller and on a tight trail or track they would play hell losing you. you might be able to get $2500-3000 maybe more for a really nice looking and running blaster in this range- if you are patient. if you start building it much more than this it will be hard to recover your money.

Last edited:
i know it. But that will fine. I really like how easy they are to work on and how readily available the parts are. Maybe I'll just end up with two four wheelers.

i now have three blasters'- two since new and i just got a rolling chassis for a build. when i got them originally i thought that they would be okay for the family but i have fallen in love with their reliability, simplicity, ease of building, and my ability to manhandle the machine. i also do not mind chasing my friends on there quads and i always manage to amaze them with how well the blaster performs. talk to the builders on this site...they will tell you that a blaster can be made to run really hard. you can build a blaster to be faster than a stock raptor 700, 450r, or banshee for the price of one of these other quads in good used shape (in my area this is true). my new build is going to have a target of 45whp from a big bore stroker that will be built to come on really strong in the mid-range and have over-rev. I:I

one word, prenup. lol

as for the blaster. buy that one for $100 holy sh*t that is a good deal lol..theres idiots on here that will sell a arms for 100 so thats a great deal
good luck with it!

Reactions: rakablaster
If she didn't take the camera too I would post some pics of it before I tear it down. Funny thing about marriage, I thought everything was ok. So I bought her a really nice 2002 Blaster so we could go riding together. She got into this with some other family members and wanted her own ride. After I got hers, she mentioned that I should get one that I would like so I could ride with her. So, I bought a 2003 Limited Edition Raptor 660R. She left me the next day and took both of them. However, I still got the title to the Raptor. Looks like I'm screwed. Rather than spend a bunch of money fighting her for them, I think I am just going to give up and get my own next year. Plus that will give me time to work on the Blaster rolling chasis that she left. It will give me something to do to keep my mind off things. Thanks -DarkHorse-

report it stolen, you have the title haha

X2... why the hell wouldn't you if you have the title?!?!? Unless you just don't want any more drama from the situation... I could understand that as well. I'm sure the divorce is hard enough itself. Anyway good luck with your build and I hope things work out well for you!

yeah bro, dont let that sh*t get you down, in most cases it ends up being the best thing that could happen to ya, and what comes around goes around, she'll get hers..... end up with some drunk, wife beatin/cheatin scumbag, the quad will blow up or roll over on her, and nude pics from the camera will end up on the internet, as for you havin the title and her takin the quad, i dont think thats legal for her to take anything till the divorce is final and the courts say who gets what, i'd call the po-po and find out, they may make her return it
as for the blasty build, take your time, pick and choose your mods, and just keep watchin for deals - here and ebay/craigslist, you'll have a nice quad soon
and ask away, we're always here to help our bro's

Last edited:
thats sucks bro.......damn women know exactly what to do, if u have something that u love.......most of the time they will do there best to see that u lose it or cant have it anymore.....im not suprised lol

i now have three blasters'- I:I

Same with me... they're like Lays chips, you can't buy just one. lol..
I bought a moded blaster big bore for 1000..
Later found a deal on ebay... 3 for 800.00 !!!! ... two whole and one down to the frame in pieces plus lots of extra parts and a few plastics... I've since gotten the two all fixed up and running well. still have the frame project to go... set up to sell one to a friend for 1000, so that makes my money back already... sweet.

what I like about the blasters is their affordable upgrades... they are by far the best quads you can get for the money! plus I'm a big two stroke fan so I can't lose here. although the banshee seems to be calling my name ;-)...

If she didn't take the camera too I would post some pics of it before I tear it down. Funny thing about marriage, I thought everything was ok. So I bought her a really nice 2002 Blaster so we could go riding together. She got into this with some other family members and wanted her own ride. After I got hers, she mentioned that I should get one that I would like so I could ride with her. So, I bought a 2003 Limited Edition Raptor 660R. She left me the next day and took both of them. However, I still got the title to the Raptor. Looks like I'm screwed. Rather than spend a bunch of money fighting her for them, I think I am just going to give up and get my own next year. Plus that will give me time to work on the Blaster rolling chasis that she left. It will give me something to do to keep my mind off things. Thanks -DarkHorse-

WOW... I thought my breakup was bad... . . well it was but thats another story... lol..

But the very next day bro?? sounds pretty fishy to me... I smell a set up. I'd do like these guys are saying, report it stolen.. hahahah.. IDK.. at least she didn't get the house right.. yet.. WOMEN! you give them everything and they just take more, don't give em anything and they'll never leave you alone.. lol...
good luck on your blaster project, I think in the end, it will be your new love.