Lucky kid in SW Ohio

Im gonna stick with this one cause it has a lot of stuff on it, and still hooked up(brakes, throttle, electrical). Im probably getting a bar, rear plastics, and some other stuff of off quadguy. Still looking for tires. Kinda found a top end and a bottom end, but im open to whole motors or a bottom end in good shape. Next week i hope to start blasting and painting, and hopefully dad will let me start buying stuff for it.

I might just make this my build thread, not sure.

But tonight my brother and i got the blaster down. We got up there and he had a little platform we set on top of our dump trailer. It got us to the perfect height to move the blaster and get it down. When we went to get it down i noticed the bolt holding the swing arm on was out over half way, so smart me pulled it out and figured id take the swing arm off. But i failed to think of the brakes. So after 15 minutes, my brother hitting his head on a rafter, hitting his hand with a rubber mallet, and getting his finger jammed in something, i got it back on. It was at a weird angle and i couldnt move it, but i got it lined up and got the bolt in. My brother just grabbed the bumper and slowly pulled it off, while i pushed the rear around. Then i moved the platform back, and got the rear axle and got it down. It was pretty easy once we got it ready to come down.

But i spent about 10 minutes on it and got the seat and front hood thingy off. My brother made me go inside, and there was nothing i could do in there so i went out. I was working and looked at the hood lying on the table, and it looked gray. Walked over and grabbed the windex, sprayed it, and it was black. So im curious, did they come stock with a black hood and gas tank, and blue fenders? But this thing is going to take a lot of work i think. It is dirty. I would say its been up there for a long time. The guy that lived there and sold it to the last owners was younger, and he moved out in 99 i think, so im guessing it mightve been his. But who knows. Looking at the rear spindles, hubs, whatever ya call em, they look fairly new, or in good shape. Im going to talk to dad about it sometime, and hopefully start working soon. But just looking at all the wires and bolts and all scares me. So im not sure if im going to blast it. The frame is in good shape, except where you can see the big rust spots. But the front and rear look good. When i looked at the front bumper i could tell its hit something on the one side. But on to pictures. If you see anything, or notice something odd please tell me. I want to know as much about this as possible.

DSCF0045-1.jpg

DSCF0046.jpg

DSCF0048.jpg

DSCF0049.jpg

DSCF0051-1.jpg

DSCF0052.jpg

DSCF0058.jpg

DSCF0059.jpg

DSCF0060-1.jpg

And this is our new welding helmet. I think it was 100, and its a auto darkening Hobart. My brother was in FFA all 4 years in high school so he got it.
DSCF0038.jpg

hey pm me and i will send you my number so we can talk about the parts

My dad is still saying no to it. And so is everybody else. I seem to be the only one wanting to do this. Last night my dad came in while i was working on it, looked at it, and told me to scrap it. But its mainly because everybody is focusing on getting the house ready to move in, which is mainly peeling and painting the walls. But most likely once my brother gets moved in I can convince my dad to let me do this, and i will get back with ya. But for now im not buying anything. Im basically done tearing it down for a while because my sister in law wants doors or something painted, so the bench my brother and i set up for the blaster is now the painting bench, so the blaster is getting shoved in a corner. So im trying to minimize the number of parts i will lose. But it will give me time to keep cleaning up the silencer, clean the carb, and maybe work on some other stuff. But most likely ill be stuck in the house for a while. But my goal is to get it stripped down and ready to be painted before thanksgiving, or during thanksgiving break so we can blast it, paint it, and then either ill have to sell it or ill buy what i need.

Ill have pics of my silencer up later. But i was in the basement, and went over to my brothers old workbench and found 2 bags of steel wool. #3 and #0000. So i used it tonight to clean up my silencer, and it looks a lot better. But its basically at a stand still until i can find a damn place to work on it where it wont have to be moved, and then ill be able to get something done. It works really good on getting the rust off. All ive used so far is #3, then ill use #0000 when i get it done.

Sweet....just do a lil bit at a time over the winter man!!! Dont rush your dad anything just make it ur winter project and plan to have it done in the spring....that way u make money over the time u spend it on the blaster.....dont give up though!! lol

I guess im kinda giving up. A year or two ago a guy in town on the fire dept. had a old Honda foreman 350 i think, with fairly new ITP mudlites on it. He bought it off of some kid who wrecked it. He wanted 350 or 450 for it a while ago. The other night we went by his house, and i think it was it, still sitting there with a pile of crap on it. I talked to my dad tonight, and he wont let me fix up the blaster. Mainly because it needs a motor and tires. If it had a motor he would probably let me fix it up.But he said he might let me buy this foreman and fix it up. So im about 99% sure that im going to part out my blaster. I havent been able to find another blaster near me. There is a piece of sh*t one on Craigslist, but they want 1000 for it. It might be worth 700. Other then that i havent really found much near me. So either im going to buy and fix up this foreman, or im going to look around and find another sport quad. I think it would be nice to have something i can beat on and play around on other then our Foreman. It wasnt exactly made to do wheelies, or jump or do anything i do to it. Im going to talk to my dad and figure out how we will ship the stuff, and the payment and all. So probably this week ill have a list and ill start selling it. If i can find another blaster near me, i might buy one. But other then a blaster, whats a good cheap quad? I need something with low end power. Ive heard about Honda 400exs, but is there anything else out there?

Ok, just an update on my blaster. I decided im going to keep it, and make it a project. Im still not sure what im going to do with it though. One thing that might set it back is dad is giving me one of our old work trucks, that needs a tranny and some other stuff. Depending on when i want to fix it up, will determine what i do to my blaster. Im wanting to try to get a snowmobile motor for it, but dad is saying no. Im still going to try that, or find another motor. I wont start buying parts for it though, until i get a motor. Just a little update, im not selling it and it will be my project.