Lucky kid in SW Ohio

Thanks for the offer, and the help. I think i will take a look around here first, but i most likely wont find anything. Id rather come here, then Ebay to get stuff. But tonight we got the garage pretty clean, except for the side thats bowed in cause they built it with 2x4s, that are bowed really bad and can barely hold the weight. But in the middle is the I beam, which is barely staying there. Its partially fallen down. But before we start really working in there, and try to get the Blaster down, we are going to lift it up and secure it. The last thing i want is we get moving around up there and the I beam falls and hits somebody. But my brother can get his father in laws sand blaster, and we have 2 portable air compressors, so hopefully next weekend ill be sand blasting, then painting. I will probably just use spray paint, but im not sure yet. And ill be sure to keep yall updated. I finally got all 825 pics off of my camera, so now it should take no time to upload pics of my work. But if i need anything, ill be sure to ask.

Also, just curious. Can you tell from the pics if thats stock or aftermarket rear axle? Also, would i be able to just sand blast the rear axle and silencer and paint em? I would probably paint them silver, but i dont know if it will hurt em.

Last edited:
Thats cool that you have alot of the things you need to build a blater. You can spray paint but it will probably chip off. Paint isnt that strong. 89 Custom just did his re-build and painted his frame and was saying something about being disappointed about the piant chipping off. But, since you are building cheep it wouldnt be the worst idea.

Yes, you can sand blast the silencer and axel, they are just steel andthey wont get damaged. Also, I would just assume that the axel is stock. It it was an aftermarket like a GForce you would know.

Yeah, thats the main reason i want to do it. I will learn alot about not only blasters, but on how to fix other things. But is there any weak spots in the frame that could use some bracing? Im not planning on jumping a ton, but ill be hitting some small jumps and stuff, plus im sure ill roll it or hit stuff. But there is a little shop about 10 minutes from here that can fab up anything, and they could weld on some bracing to make it a little bit stronger. And it wouldnt cost anything. But for the paint i might spray paint it, or i might see if i can do what my brother did to his trailer. It sets outside a lot, and gets hit and beat up when loading firewood and equipment, and it hasnt chipped yet. I just want to make it look decent, and cover up the rust and all. But i dont want to do a sh*tty job and it flake off.

Before I painted my frame I took this stuff called super stripper and heavey loaded the whole frame with it then i took steel wool and sand the whole thing down with that and then started with sand paper and started wit an 800 grit then went down to a 2000 grit....got the frame really smooth and got the little bit of rust that was on it off. Make sure you get all the rust off before you paint it!!! Also I spray painted mine and the only thing the made the paint weak was putting too heavy of a primer coat on you dont need to cover every little spot you just got to do a very lite coat over the whole thing and the paint will stick good and not chip off! Mine is a little bit cause like i said i did the primer too heavy but as long as u take ur time with it youll be straight! pcc bro

I think if we do a good job at sandblasting, we wont have to sand it really. My brothers trailer was about in the shape of the blaster, maybe worse and turned out really good. Now if i was worried a ton about looks i would sand blast, sand it down, then paint it right. But ill save time and just blast it.

i would just blast it. i mean when you powder you just blast and clean it up so that should be good.

Yeah. Well tonight i had a football game, and we lost so my weekends are free. But tonight my brother got the I beam in the garage back up, so tomorrow we will work on getting the blaster down. Maybe tomorrow, or some time this week we will get the sand blaster set up. Im thinking about making up a paint booth in his garage, and once he shows me how to sand blast, ill blast and paint everything separately. One thing i dont wanna do is half ass this thing. I want to impress my buddies when they see what i did with help from a lot of other people. But im thinking of repainting it maybe silver. But what do you guys think goes good with the blue plastic?. Our school colors are dark blue and a off white, so i think blue and sliver or a off white will look good, which silver is stock i think. Also, where are some good places to look for graphic kits? If the decals and stuff are messed up, i wanna replace em.I just kinda want to get an idea for what i want to do.

yea silver is the stock frame color....unless it is an 03-up. they have a bunch of different colors. Also, do what ever color you want. I would check Ebay for most of your stuff you could find everything you need. You could even get a full set of new plastics in different colors for about $100.00, since you need the rear plastics because of the air box. unless you wanted to get a Project Blaster air box or $199.00

yea silver is the stock frame color....unless it is an 03-up. they have a bunch of different colors. Also, do what ever color you want. I would check Ebay for most of your stuff you could find everything you need. You could even get a full set of new plastics in different colors for about $100.00, since you need the rear plastics because of the air box. unless you wanted to get a Project Blaster air box or $199.00

I would rather spend 100 then 199 on plastics, but thats still a good bit for me. Its not really if i have the money, i do, and i can make more. But if it costs a lot me dad will say no to it. But i guess i could at least get it blasted and primed and still think about what color i wanna go with it.

yea man just check Ebay. i have seen a decent set of plastics going for as little as $25.00.

and, just tell you dad that it wont cost that much and then things will "just keep coming up" so then you can build a bad ass machine.

I think if i get over 1 grand with it, my dad will tell me no. And then ill take the rest of the money and buy my truck. I would love to go all out on this thing, but what i dont spend on it, i will put into a truck.

But last night my brother got the i beam up, and went to an auction. At the auction he bought a stick welder, so im gonna learn how to weld. So if i break or crack my frame or stuff like that, i should be able to fix it. But we have to get the i beam up 6 inches, so we got my grandpas barn jack, and later we will jack it up, secure, then get the blaster down. Hopefully tonight ill strip it down and wash everything. And i will probably keep the plastics, and just get what i need. So i will wax it all. Ill basically do what i do to my sled every fall. Wash it down, then wax it. Hopefully ill have more pics tonight. Also, where can i find the serial number plate thingy on it? I would guess on the frame.

I still also have to convince my dad to let me do it. So basically i have to find a complete engine for a good price, and then try to convince him. He says that i wont be able to get all the parts to get it running. So i dont know. He tries to teach me how to manage my money. Which has basically been to not buy anything. So for now the most important thing is for me to convince my dad to let me do this.

Last edited:
Tonight i talked to my dad about it, and although he would rather me just buy a used blaster somewhere instead of fixing mine up, he might let me fix this one up. He said that first i need to get it down and get a list of what ill need, and get prices, then talk to him about it. So hopefully i can get it down sometime this week. My brother also bought a stick welder, so im gonna be learnin how to weld sometime.

Well, you can get a decent blaster for less than $1000.00 the, you can maybe put some of the good parts from your barn blaster such as the hydro breaks and call it good.

My dad wouldnt let me spend 1 grand on a blaster. I think i will just buy a blaster for 500 bucks, and part mine out. But i think to keep it cheap i will have to do that. But even if i got 150 out of mine, that would be 350 i would have in a blaster. But if i could find cheap parts and a cheap motor i would be set. I think the biggest thing will be getting a motor. A dealer will charge a ton, if they have one, and i havent seen any anywhere.

well if ya find a cheap blaster that runs good for 500 with a couple flaws tell them ill give them ill give them 600 or 700 just to have al the spare parts for mine it seems like bad luck to me cause id find cheap everything for a blaster till "I" bought one!!