lubes

A

aperich

just wondering whats best lube to use on these items. i just stripped it down and cleaned everything up with new a arm bearings and swing arm bearings.

gas mix i got yamaha lube
transmission should i get yamaha lube 4
a arms =
ball joints = (i pulled dust cap off and cleaned them up good)
wheel bearing repack=
i guess swing arm will be same as a arms front and back im going to install a greese fitting on housing
in between brake rotor=
chain=
thats all i can think of right now ill also get Anti-Seize for spark plug, ect. thread lock and dielectric grease for the electronics.
anything im missing please list im going to pick up tomorrow. thanks

o yea i cleaned the rust off my pipe (steel wool and a buffer to finish it(nickle plated)) looks great). the piece off the motor has a solid seal then the pipe fits over a flange then where pipe meets scilencer theres a flange. should i use high temp sealant on these flanges and the hard seal. so as there is no exhaust leak. thanks

my personal pref....

I guess I am a KY kinda guy........
Works as an anti seize (therfore an anti de-size, too)
Balls are fine with it
and if you are alone the swing arm is cool with it too
chains are apersonal issue, I don't cross that line.

Just a light post, don't KY your ride...

unless you are a real atv dweeb, then get what you can get I guess.

A

just wondering whats best lube to use on these items. i just stripped it down and cleaned everything up with new a arm bearings and swing arm bearings.

gas mix i got yamaha lube
transmission should i get yamaha lube 4
a arms =
ball joints = (i pulled dust cap off and cleaned them up good)
wheel bearing repack=
i guess swing arm will be same as a arms front and back im going to install a greese fitting on housing
in between brake rotor=
chain=
thats all i can think of right now ill also get Anti-Seize for spark plug, ect. thread lock and dielectric grease for the electronics.
anything im missing please list im going to pick up tomorrow. thanks

This is what I use on my blaster and it works well..

Gas Mix - Yamalube 2R
Transmission - Bellray Gear Saver 80w
A-arms - High temp wheel bearing grease works well ( the red stuff )
Wheel bearings - High temp wheel bearing grease
Inbetween brake rotor - If your talking about the splines? you can use a little of the bearing grease..
Chain - Bellray Chain lube.. You can always use wd-40 or 3 in 1 oil

When it comes to lubing all your needle bearings and collars and wheel bearings..I use the bearing grease.. and it works like a champ.. Its what its made for..That stuff is key..the rest of the lubes you can get at a local yamaha shop.. Hope this helps..:)

This is what I use on my blaster and it works well..

Gas Mix - Yamalube 2R
Transmission - Bellray Gear Saver 80w
A-arms - High temp wheel bearing grease works well ( the red stuff )
Wheel bearings - High temp wheel bearing grease
Inbetween brake rotor - If your talking about the splines? you can use a little of the bearing grease..
Chain - Bellray Chain lube.. You can always use wd-40 or 3 in 1 oil

When it comes to lubing all your needle bearings and collars and wheel bearings..I use the bearing grease.. and it works like a champ.. Its what its made for..That stuff is key..the rest of the lubes you can get at a local yamaha shop.. Hope this helps..:)

thats the same sh*t i use and it works great, id go with that

sewing machine oil makes excellent chain lubes becayuse it actually penetrates the metal and the o-rings (if you have them) plus it doesnt fling off and nothing sticks too it... works greatm what i use for bearings is called quaker state FCI grease, its white, really thick, and works excellent, i picked it up a local outlet for a buck and ive barely put a dent in it so to speak and ive re-bearinged 3 machines so far with a few more to do

wait 80w oil??? in a tranny? i figured thats so heavy that it would burn your engine up but fill me in on this, i might start using 80w as a tranny oil, my friend gets gear saver oil wholesale

I use 80w tranny oil.. Its whats recomended for our blasters..check the Clymer or a local dealer..

ERRT STOP. Solo You need to tell them that you are using a transmission oil specifically designed for 2-strokes. Not all tranny oils can be used in 2-strokes. I know you mentioned it in your first post (belray Gear Saver 80w). I personally use a 10w30 motor oil in all my bikes. But the Gear Saver is probably the best.

10w30 automotive oil contains frictions modifiers that help to burn your clutch faster, trust me when i say your not getting 100% out of your blaster because the clutch is slipping

ERRT STOP. Solo You need to tell them that you are using a transmission oil specifically designed for 2-strokes.

I use 80w tranny oil.. Its whats recomended for our blasters..check the Clymer or a local dealer..

I stated that the Clymer manual recomends it.. That rite should be enough since the clymer manual im refering to is only for the Blaster..

thats what i was looking at. the Clymer manual recomends a bunch of different kinds of oil. i didnt know what some of them were. i ended up using mostly lithium-soap base grease on arms and body. then i'll use yamaha lube 4 for tranny. until winter is over. then find a better oil (amsoil) with new plug ect. for spring riding. never even found a place for red greese (due to needle bearings use brown grease)