Looking at Cherokees what to get?

These are the pictures this guy sent me LIFTED!!!1990 jeep cherokee
clearly needs work, has a issue with running warm and needs an exhaust but has a 3.5" skyjacker lift

Attachments

• 0000000000000000000000000.jpg
    0000000000000000000000000.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 0000000000000000000000.jpg
    0000000000000000000000.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 78
well, my jeep was running warm last summer and a new thermostat fixed it right up. even if ya had to put a headgasket in still would be a decent trade for you.

i'd save up and get something a lil better if i were you...i mean you can get nice ones for like 1500 here. do you have a job? if so i would save up

at the moment I don't have a job, but I am looking. I want to trade my blaster and 200 for it then fix it up over the summer, with the tires and the lift that are on it, it is worth it IMO. Its a nice base for a build up, probably give it a paint job toward the end of summer to freshen it up, and new rocker panels or something to replace them.
I got big plans for whatever I get

thats pretty beat....but if the tires are good, then its not a bad deal. that's about what wheels/lift would cost on a clean one.

Unless you can do it really cheap, fixing up a cherokee isn't probably worth the time, although its exactly what i did to mine.

-You guys might all know this already but i would like to point out that 2dr cherokee's are the exact same physical size as the 4drs.

-If i were you i would get a 92+, its got the newer HO 4.0 with the open cooling system(i would say better)

-Also you need to look at the smaller things, if it has antilock brakes, that means it has a dana35 in the back, they are known to be very weak, where as the none anti-lock models feature the chry 8.25, which is tougher no doubt.

-Look for rust in the rockers and quarters and floors, if its there it will get worse if not fixed, replacement rocker and floor panels are gunna run about $80 a piece.

-Check the front wheel bearings(jack it up and see if the tires wooble in or out at the top), if they do a new spindle is around 150 per side.

-I would look for country/classic models, they usually have more features which in turn is nicer, chances of upcountry packages and limited slips, skids, p seats, and leather is much greater.

-If you find a lifted on you definitely need to test drive up to around 60, as death wobble and vibrations can get expensive to get rid of.

Radiators frequently go bad in cherokees so you might ask the owner if its been replaced, a aftermarket replacement will probably run around $125.

If you have any more questions let me know, i know my way around xj's pretty well anymore.