Long Island

SpeedBall

Mar 10, 2008
Long island N.Y.
Hello, I'm right in the middle of long island, all off-road riding is illegal here. with the exception of two MX tracks that are way over priced. ($1,000 yearly memberships..)
Anyway Do you think its wise to post illegal spots to ride in long island NY?
you can use google earth to search long island. you will find some nice places this way, I found a few.
let me know if anyone is from Long island or will be visiting we could ride some time, saturdays are great for me I:I

i just moved here last sunday nd i went to one moto cross track but there prejudice against quads or sumthin cuz it cost way more to race a quad than a bike i live in patchogue the zip code is 11772 if u no ne places near there let me no nd mabe we can ride sometime

there is another place but its upstate. $500 year membership. no tracks. 1600acres of land to ride. but its about 5hrs away from long island.

anyway speed i pm'd you. get back to me asap. thanks.

i just got my blaster running and im looking for a place to ride.has anyone heard of the place in west Hampton? seeing i just it running i don't really want it to get taken away..and my mom and dad are yelling at me for tearing up the front lawn.and only riding on one acre gets boring quick

lol I do that all the time!
I'll be driving down the road and see trails back in the woods and then go home a get the scoop on them with google earth I:I

From what I have heard regarding riding atv's on Long Island. All ATV's must be registered you dont have to have insurance. During a snow storm, as long as theres three inches of snow or more , and your registered (go to dmv get paper and plate) you can ride on the roads. Unless the cops think you are doing something they think is a big no no, like tearing up the local school lawn or riding around indangering others.

They will pull you over no matter what your doing to check and see if you are reged. Now if your not reged, they will inpound your atv there on the spot (flat bed comes out and gets it).

i lost my title but my quad isnt stolen when i run the vin.. does anyone know how long it takes to get a new title ?

i lost my title but my quad isnt stolen when i run the vin.. does anyone know how long it takes to get a new title ?

If you have the reg it should say transferable on it. If you dont have a reg or title you have to get a "reguest for title or reg" form at the dmv (starting from scratch). You will need to provide a bill of sell from the person you bought it from, and the form.

If you have a reg that says transferable and its already under your name, very easy to do. If you have nothing good luck. All this info is on the ny dmv web site.

im waiting to find out about a cheap private track. lonewolf the guy in hicksville wouldnt negiotate plus it needed a lil work might just see if i can get a dirtbike for myself

Finding places to ride during the year would be great. The more places I have to ride the more money I'll put into my blaster. I bought it today and went down to the DMV and registered it today. So its all mine now. Good luck finding a ride for yourself.

the only this toy my friend is selling is a sh*ty blaster that basically needs a full rebuild.and he wants $400 for it..and that's why it still sitting on the side of his house.

you guys ready for the snow tomorrow??? anyone live on the north shore and want to meet up?

I screwed myself. I removed the factory air box to get it out of the way since I thought my cfm air box would have been in. But found out that there waiting on the k&n air filter. Wont be running till next week.