Lock Washer Question

D

dpan

I bought a blaster with a blown piston and have since replaced it. From what the owner told me it seemed as though the oil injection was not working properly, so I ordered Vitos block off kit and went to install it. After removing the side cover I found a triangle shaped washer laying in the bottom of it. I looked in the manual and found this to go on the crank balancer. I drove it back on to where it belongs and reassembled everything. Upon starting the blaster for the first time everything was going good until I heard a noise and something bouncing around in the case. After once again removing the case cover I found that washer in the bottom once again. So I went to my dealer and ordered a replacement, because the manual suggessted using a new one. After picking it up today I found it is shaped nothing like the original and they swear it is the right part. Can anyone tell me if indeed this piece when replaced is different? I looks like a flat washer with a tang on it but I havent looked at the crank balancer, just curious? Sorry for the long post, but I thought I would give the details before asking the question.

Yes you'll be wanting to put that back in there. The tang fits into a slot and I believe you need to bend the edged down to lock the bolts.