Little spark/ wiring help

So how do I set my carb right so I don't have to use the starter fluid

you may have been compensation carb setting for your worn out top end.
if you can fix top end,which you need to have the cylinder checked out by a shop,cuz if you just throw a piston in there it will break again....then goto carb section and read about floats/pilot jets/main jets...free flowing gas.
leak testing and you will be straight:) WE did tell you it was going to break know it will be harder to fix as you should split cases to clean debris out of engine

I checked the cylinder walls n there's no gouges or anything..would excessive oil cause it to break? So it wouldn't happen again

The cylinder bore must not be out of round or tapered and within specs otherwise the new stock piston will be sloppy in the bore and slap and break.

Excessive oil in a pre mix situation will lean out the AFR and cause a destructive lean mixture.

Do you have oil injection or pre mix.

By Engine oil are you referring to the oil you put in the transmission filler plug?

No oil injection just pre mix n yes the transmission oil..excessive oil in the engine would that of caused the piston to break as well?
Thanks and I just got a new piston from a local atv shop they gave me a 66 mm piston and it doesn't fit I measured the top of cyclinder from wall to wall and it measured 65mm is that possible?

you are a funny guy shane:D
all 2 strokes the gear oil is separate from the
cylinder/piston/crank.
that is why they need 2 stroke oil.
2 strokes before it fires the piston down...4 strokes=4 strokes before it fires the piston down.
If you look at a 4 stroke piston there is more then 2 rings,for the purpose of keeping the gear/transmission oil below the combustion chamber.
unfortunately someone did not take very good care of that blaster and know you must pick up the pieces.
and the piston rings have to align up with the retaining pins on piston,if you cant fit it sounds like a bad idea to continue:)

Last edited:
So I was riding my bike today 2nd kick it would start but had to mess with the air screw to start it but it bog down on me n my throttle was really loose so took slide out n put back it it was fine now it won't start at all w.o putn starting fluid in it n it only runs for a couple secs idling high n low I have flowing gas idk wat is is and I'm stuck can someone please help
Thanks

Out of shear curiousity, what all did you do after you discovered you had a broken piston? Were any professionals involved in fitting a new piston?

No splitting the cases? No leakdown test?

And you keep spraying starting fluid after you were told not to?

Yes I split the case and did a leakdown test.n yes but idk how else to get it started to see what the problem is

Wow! I'm impressed. If it passed leakdown, compression is good, reeds are good, about the only thing left is carb problems.

The thing is when I would mess with the air screws it would idle rough then not idle at all and when I would ride the bike It sounded like it was riding really high in rpms so I adjusted it again n it would only started up if I kept messing with the air screw then the throttle went and it reved really high then cut off now it won't start at all unless with starting fluid then quits so that's were it leaves me