liquid cooled head

let me ask you something have you ever had a blaster overheat? i personally think they are a waste of time and money, sure they cool your engine a little but they are a lot of mantience and not as simple fix. its your choice

no but they do help cooling, they bolt on, they do not weigh that much, and it can come with the head already milled

I am unsure about this subject. Although for $249 + shipping dont you think you could find a donor motor from another machine to play with instead.

save ur money and swap a larger motor in there..or do a big bore kit..

Im considering swapping a YZ 250cc in my blaster over the winter...The bike should haul serious ass with a 250 in there..

save ur money and swap a larger motor in there..or do a big bore kit..

Im considering swapping a YZ 250cc in my blaster over the winter...The bike should haul serious ass with a 250 in there..

just keep in mind the transmission in the bike engine is made to tug 2 wheels and an axle around, so im assuming gearing correctly will be your best friend

just keep in mind the transmission in the bike engine is made to tug 2 wheels and an axle around, so im assuming gearing correctly will be your best friend

Im asuming you ment 250 trans "isnt" ment to haul the 2 wheels and axle..

All of that will be taken in to consideration when I start planning this out..rite now its just an idea..But I would think the 250 gearing would be fine to pull the axle and 2 wheels since the blaster is a really light bike..I will have to ride the 250 to feel out the ratio's though..A friend is hookin me up with his 97 YZ 250 for a awsome price..so if i do decide to really do this..I will make it work one way or the other..B-)

I agree, race fuel is needed in high compression trick applications where you need a higher octane in order to avoid pre-detonation/dieseling. Running it just because is a waste and doesn't help with power. Can you tell a difference between 93 and say 110 octane?

Just to clear up a misunderstanding that most people have...The higher the octane rating of fuel, the higher the temperature/compression required to ignite the fuel. Lots of people think...the higher the octane, the more combustible the fuel is...WRONG...there's lots of reasons why engines "knock" or "diesel", but basically, it can be fixed by using higher octane fuel. Knock is pre-detonation by fuel igniting before the piston is at TDC or the plug even firing. Dieseling is when you kill an engine and it keeps running for several rotations on it's own because the heat in the engine is igniting the fuel/air without spark.

I got carried away there, but the point is...higher octane=less combustible ...contrary to popular belief

I agree, race fuel is needed in high compression trick applications where you need a higher octane in order to avoid pre-detonation/dieseling. Running it just because is a waste and doesn't help with power. Can you tell a difference between 93 and say 110 octane?

Just to clear up a misunderstanding that most people have...The higher the octane rating of fuel, the higher the temperature/compression required to ignite the fuel. Lots of people think...the higher the octane, the more combustible the fuel is...WRONG...there's lots of reasons why engines "knock" or "diesel", but basically, it can be fixed by using higher octane fuel. Knock is pre-detonation by fuel igniting before the piston is at TDC or the plug even firing. Dieseling is when you kill an engine and it keeps running for several rotations on it's own because the heat in the engine is igniting the fuel/air without spark.

I got carried away there, but the point is...higher octane=less combustible ...contrary to popular belief

Im sorry to say that it is you who are wrong, at least about higher octane being a waste in stock motors. higher pctane fuel burns cooler than lower octane, it wont boost your performance as much as in a modified engine but it will keep your temp down, and you will notice much quicker throttle response. it is recommended to run a higher octane rating of at least 93 anytime compression is raised, even on a motor thats only had the head milled and no other mods. I build high performance engines for a living everyday, cars,bikes and ATV's as well.

Let me understand correctly...run high octane race fuel in a stock motor and get noticable performance gains because the fuel alone will make it run cooler? How much cooler? 5 degrees or 35 degrees? And why exactly is it recommended in higher compression applications?

need more info...it seems that the only people claiming benefits online are the gas companies. Anyone personally reporting about it agree that it's a waste. I'm not sold yet. Maybe we should start a completely new forum where everyone can try for themselves, higher octane fuel, and report their findings.

We could discuss forever, how high octane fuel burns (slower and yes, a bit cooler) and its application in automobiles or bikes with electronic fuel injection (which my car requests 93)...POWER is the main thing we are all looking for here right?

Your personal thoughts are definitely credible if you build high perf engines for a living everyday. I assume you have access to a dyno? Is this where you base your claim?

i have never has my blaster overheat wen it was stock and i ran 87

My blaster overheated while riding in the trails. It is mostly stock and at that time i was running 87 octane gas and yamalube 2-stroke oil. The trails i was riding weren't the best for a blaster because there was a lot of altitude changes and slow speed riding. Those are mostly the reasons why it overheated. But now i'm running 91 octane gas and amsoil synthetic oil and it never overheated to the point it was that day which made the gas boil in the tank.

Your gas did not boil in your gas tank...Where do u people get this sh*t from..??

word, must have been revving the hell outta it while going slow but still, damn