liquid cooled head

ok lol maybe i over exagerated it didnt boil but it was bubbling up.

ive never heard of it or atleast that term for it "gas boiling in the tank" thats great

well i said boiling beacause it looked like it and where i was riding had some very big altitude changes and the speed was very slow going because of the rocks and steep climbs. There was almost no air going by so the engine was overheating which caused the heat to rise and when i stopped to refuel a little later i opened the tank and there were some bubbles in the gas. This is before I switched to 91 octane gas and synthetic oil.

nah its not boiling, what happens when you shake gas?, in this case what happens when you shake any liquid..........bubbles! it wasnt boiling

getting back to topic, the liquid cooled head isnt such a gimic after all. my cousin purchased one a while back and i can actually say there is quite a bit of difference between it and the regular head, he had to git rid of his new alba bumper but it was a trade he was willing to accept, i have his bumper now lol

yea but im not going to purchase one when i can use the money towards a 240 kit, besides i dont think they make one for a 240 but if it was a last resort, i might get one if i get bored, it looks kinda weird tho withthe fins on the cylinder

personally me i would stay away from this head and others like it, some "third party parts" are extremely overpriced (like this one) and extremely under developed, and when thye claim warranty, thats means theyu are not liable and no matter what you did something wrong

AGAIN, back to the topic.

I have had my sons blaster overheat and burn a piston once, and his friend (that also rids a blaster) has gone through 4 pistons now.

NOW, our situation is we ride DUNES. Hig revs, slow speeds, and HOT WEATHER. We run them extremely rich, and are still haveing "melt downs"

Besides the one guy, has anyone else ACTUALLY PURCHASED AND USED one of these water cool head kits? Photo Album

Personally i think it looks great. the design of O-rings and interchangeable domes like water craft and snowmobiles is proven and far easier and CHEAPER to service because you use the O-rings over and over.

i agree with the cooled head myself.

what is so different from the idea of this and looking at the heads on a banshee engine.

I GO THREW THE TRAILS and i'm starting to notice the heat.

not much i could do accept get out and get some air thew it,
i love trearing up the trails in the sand and if that head helped me be able to
go longer i'd be happy

yes he can custom make a dome to fit any blaster a 200 a 240 ect
and the radiator and pump set up seems relatively simple.

what i dont understand is why he doesnt use the water pump castings on the side of the crank case..... all he would need is a cog and a shaft connected to a small pump that he can mount to the castings and the pump would then be internalized...
he could also do reasearch on dt200 cylinders and make a complete liquid cooled cylinder kit, this would be relativly easy if he just used a bunch of parts off the dt200..
and if he did make a new liquid cooled cylinder and head and radiator with internalized water pump under the cover by the oil pump.. he would be f*cking richhhhhh!!

here is the water pump castings..
waterpumpcasting003.jpg

waterpumpcasting001.jpg

waterpumpcasting002.jpg

that would require drilling and not make it a bolt on kit, therefore steering away business

yeah f*ck that sh*t i just cut my water pump castings off and it made my engine cover look soooo much cleaner like u dont even know.
it makes it look alot less complicated and people can concentrate on the awsome polishing job i did instead of those wierd tubes ppl constantly ask me about lol

So there is a kit like this on ebay with a milled head.....worth my time? Am I looking at rejetting?

i beleive you can rejet if you get the liquid cooled head with the 24cc dome rather than ur stock 18cc dome but yeah more power so id just run it and see if my jetting is corect, if the jettings corect f*ck it dont bother u just got an extra 6cc of power without much work