lawn mower help?!?!?!!

Quadrider10

Dec 18, 2011
New Jersey
www.youtube.com
ok im posting this here again, casue i need to get the back to their owners befor friday........ and because ppl keep bumping it down.

ok i am really sick of these lawn mowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i cant say that enough. so i got a new one from another friend, said it wasent starting, i pulled the plug, it sparks, and now its doing the same exact thing as the other one....... the gas is getting into the carb, and the bowl is full, but when i try to start it, its always a no go. i cleaned this carb out pretty good, and when i ppush the primer, gas goes into the carb, but when i pull it, it goes thump thump thump fo rlike 5 seconds, then stalls. wtf am i doing wrong!!!!!! whay isent the gas getting sucked up on eaither of these mowers!?!?!?!?!

i think/know its not the floats, because there is more then enough gas to run the engine from the float, and once they run, it dosent shut off. but the problem is that gas is not getting from bowl to the inside of carb then to engine.

Have you tried starter fluid on the little beasts.

Sometimes these little beasts wont start because the have been flooded.

I find that sometimes a little graphite pencil rubbed on the electrode of the plug will coax them to fire.

Have you tried starter fluid on the little beasts.

Sometimes these little beasts wont start because the have been flooded.

I find that sometimes a little graphite pencil rubbed on the electrode of the plug will coax them to fire.

no, but if i pour gas into the car, it fires rite up and runs good. but as soon as it shuts off, i have to pour gas in the carb to get it to fire again. and run. like i said. both have spark, and both get plenty of gas into the bowl, but both dont suck the gas from the bowl through the jet into the carb, then into the engine.

If possible you can check if fuel is getting up through the jet by simulating air flow through the venturi with an air gun.

If possible you can check if fuel is getting up through the jet by simulating air flow through the venturi with an air gun.

well i know it is, becausew once i pour gas into carb, it starts in 1 pull, and contunes to run perfectly. so i know there is a vaccume sucking the gas in, but as soon as it shuts off, the vacume is broken, and i have to do the same thing again. but it will run once its started ad gas is in tank. thats y im so stumped. it dosent make sense tro me. and all the gaskets are good.the only time when it starts and runs without pouring gas into the carb is when i make the float so that gas is pouring out of carb. then it willl srat and run on 1 pull.

Seem like a fine line between flooding and not, maybe just a little tweak on the float tang.

When it is running does putting the choke on make it stall.

The solid metal needles are a swine to get just right.

Is there any wear or rub marks on the float tang where it meets the needle.

If there is only a small blemish there it will affect how the needle seats, they should be smooth and shiny.

The solid metal needles are a swine to get just right.

Is there any wear or rub marks on the float tang where it meets the needle.

If there is only a small blemish there it will affect how the needle seats, they should be smooth and shiny.

yupppp i cleaned it prefecto! lol idk im try setting the float again, and see how it goes.i will take vids and pics. i hate how these little freaking simple xarbs are so har to work on. like this one, they try to make it a "sure start" by having a auto choke, and no primer, so all u do is hold handle and pull, but it just makes it harder to fix.

Well if the passages, jets are clear, and the choke is working, the problem has to be with the fuel level, there is nothing else to go wrong, other than lack of compression.