just no cutting it

yamaha4mylife

Aug 27, 2008
new york
my blaster has been great and is great but i wanna go faster and i need something bigger. i mean im at least 6 foot tall and its a little small. what do you guys think my next step should be?

Well if you still want to go with 2 strokes your best bet will be a Yamaha Banshee (350). It would be a good size.

If you want a big 4 stroke mabye a 700 Polaris or something.

u can always get a port job to get more power or a 240 kit and port for insane power also a +3mm crank would help alot too! u could also get a longer swingarm and widen it a bit, so u dont feel as cramped, its a little cheaper than a new bike.

um what you should do is part it out because i would take that front hood, headlight, and gas tnak cover in a heart beat!

but really there are tons of things you can do to make your blaster wider, longer and faster.

those are all good ideas...but do you think it would be cheaper to buy a bigger quad or upgrade my blaster to fit my needs...also if i made the a arms longer it would make it wider and harder to fit on the trails wouldnt it?

"um what you should do is part it out because i would take that front hood, headlight, and gas tnak cover in a heart beat!"

what is parting it out by the way?

"um what you should do is part it out because i would take that front hood, headlight, and gas tnak cover in a heart beat!"

what is parting it out by the way?

aahh a true newbie! when you "part out" you sell the parts off your (whatever you are selling) to different people for what they want. like i could buy your gas tank cover, hood, and headlight. peopel want all sorts of used parts off blasters. things break, or they just want to get different stuff.

as far as widing your blaster. no it will still fit. i ride trails all the time. check my sig for mods. the rear of my blaster is 48" wide, but still fits on the trails i go on.

ya i am quiet a newbie but this website wouldnt exist without people with questions and also smarter people to answer those questions......it would probably be cheaper to upgrade though right?

im not making fun of you man. you will catch on quick here. there is tons of information. i made my blaster wider for about $600.00 total. i love it. its just as stable if not more then my buddys 660. as far as motor, try getting a good pipe, intake, and reeds. you cna also mess with gearing and stuff like that

if you are really into it you can get 240 big bores, and port and polish for some real power.

k thanks and i figured you werent making fun of me or anything...i was thinking of getting an exhaust for christmas from my dad because i dont have a job yet and my dad would probably buy it for me...i also have a friend that races a 660 so he might be able to help cause my dad doesnt live around here,not to get personal or anything,... you know what else i noticed is my title is just no cutting it instead of just not...

a pipe and silencer is a good place to start. reeds are good to. get a nice set like v-force 3. there really is alot you can do with a blaster. use the search feautre on this forum to find out about parts you may be interested in.

This a a great place for information. There are quite a few people on here with your same issues, and you should have no trouble modding your Blaster for cheap (look in the for sale section frequently), and you will be very happy with it and just a few mods.... These machines seem to have near endless tweaks you can do to them, and this is the resource for information.

mod your blaster. you can get parts cheap to do pretty much anything you want to it wheather it be making it longer and wider and putting better shocks and a longer steering stem to make it more comfortable for bigger people or getting aftermarket reeds, exhaust, air filter, carb, or 240cc kit to make it more powerful. you could even change the front and rear sprocket size very cheaply to change its gearing either to get more top speed or more power out of it. blaster parts are cheap and easy to find

Yes the Blaster can be made to ROCK!, it takes some work and a cupl of $$$ but the can be turned into a force to be reckoned with, it's all on here, READ, READ, READ!, start with our signatures.