Just another tear down.

Painted the upper A-arms this weekend. Still Cant get the lower's separated from hubs.

More painting today. Hopefully get it all done before snow flies.

Thinking of getting a lt250r as well.......seems a little bigger frame wise for my 6'3 ass.

Cutting steering stem today as well.

Few pics. I am getting there its just been so damn cold and flooding like mad lately.

Any opinions on lt250r's They seem bigger frame wise and look to pack a decent punch.
They go for 600-1,400 around here so they are pretty cheap.

P1030602.jpg

P1030600.jpg

Anyone have the pushrods and little ball floating around??? cheap cycle parts wants 10 bucks to ship thats just nuts man.

Its all back together and i am putting the engine back together in the morning. Here is hoping my push rods was the cause of my shifting issue which made me go ocd and rip the whole bike down. I have not rode my quad in three weeks its been ages. Especially for someone who rode daily.

Pics on there way after i eat dinner.

Can someone please post a picture of the clutch side with the cover off and basket off if yah have it.

I don't have an extra clutch and pushrod assembly but I do have some opinions about LT250's. The designs vary wildly throughout their short model run and some of them are truly strange. The 85 and 86 uses a single sided reed petal which ultimately limited the top end power and bottom end longevity.

The 87 model used a dual side reed petal BUT the engine was a mid year change situation and didn't match the 85-86 OR the 88 and up. It was a bastard model.

The 88 and up used a dual pedal reed and more modern porting for more power.

The rear suspension is a cantilever style which is a little strange and limits the ability to change it out for anything else. The good news is, it's a fully adjustable shock absorber so unless you mess something up you shouldn't need to change it out.

Going to look at a yz450 today......blasphemy i know but there are several in the area from 2,000-2,600

Is it normal for it to not shift for sh*t on the bench? no fluid in the case yet clutch is not hooked up. I can not even get it to budge most of the time. If i can i can only get it to go two gears maybe three

The transmission uses constantly meshed gears with drive dogs to do the shifting. In order to get it run through the gears you have to be turning the input shaft (inner clutch hub)

Yeah it takes alot of spinng to get it to jump gears the right way. I dunno if its casue there is no load or what. Guess i will find out when its back in the quad.

Well i drove a 660 rappy yesterday and it was fun. Drove a yfz450 today and it was even better. *sigh* i dont wanna think about 4 stroke rebuilds or things like timing chains snapping at 7,xxx rpm and valves partying with pistons.

Think i am gonna stick to 2 stroke.

Well bike is back together and on the trail pics tonight after i wash it lol. My porting paid off and it pulls like a mutha now above 6 grand. the exhaust note changes about midway threw 8 grand into a harmonic resonance sound. Its wild.