Just a thought...

Racer X

Jan 10, 2009
Virginia
Maybe im still a newbie and i dont know everything there is to know about the blaster or the forum yet but i was curious is there somewhere on here where you can find out like what parts and part manufacturers are the best to use and the worst to use? I made the post about the 240 kit and was kinda surprised on everyones difference on the matter. Is that why there's so many companies because they're all making the same thing? None of which are any better then the other but all claim to be the best? I notice on here when reading about what everyone has on there bike that there's some things that are pretty common (Itp and Maxxis tires K&N air filters etc) but then everybody has a different style of A-arms and shocks, carb, bore etc. Again i am a complete rookie to the world so if i sound like a dumbass im sorry but why such a large variance? Is one A-arm really better then another? The guy sprung the money for the 240 kit rebuild and the whole 9 and then got a smaller carb? When he got the bore done what made him choose .40 over to a .20 over? Again sorry ima newb and im slightly mechanically slow haha but thanks if you have better knowledge than me

Ct makes the best 240 kit.Hands down.Vitos is fine but you will get more out of the ct.Just make sure you get a port job to match your style of riding.I would use a 34-36mm carb.It all depends on your cash flow.You probably hear mixed reviews cause most people only buy what their budget is and have not tried the more expensive or better produced product.With the right mods you shoul be able to get a vitos 240 to do what mr 305 has for a dyno run.

thanks alot guys. definitely going with the Ct. and whatever i get ill just do in installments carb here airbox there kind of thing. and i do mostly trail riding but when that day comes for draggin in the field i want to be winning not losing haha. lot of friends have Blaster's (none as quick as mine) and a couple have Warrior's. just want to get the bike looking nice again and put the real deal on it all around

thanks guys and gals haha. ill definitely take some pics and get them on here as soon as possible. and 1500 is steep but i know people that love to talk alot about how bad they are on theyre quad and theyll bet some cash as well so ill get a chance to earn some of it back although it would be hard to make some of it back and not get more stuff to put on the quad lol

the only reason that i can not justify buying a CT kit is because i can build a stroker 240 for around $1500.00 to $1800.00 that price includes the whole build, pipe, carb, and all the extras you would need to make it work.

The way I see it is that you should just get the best parts that you can afford. If you can only afford a Vitos 240 kit and will never be able to afford the CT kit then get the Vitos. There is no reason not getting something that you want just because you cant afford the best one.

wife is a nurse making bank so i dont really care what it costs as long as its worth a crap. but yea i wouldnt go without if i didnt have enough either