JoshHockey95's Build

JoshHockey95

Oct 22, 2010
Western PA
Got the Blasty beginning of summer 2010. No pics were taken until I had painted everything for the first time. I just did a quick tear down and spray painted everything to make it look a little better. Painted the Hood and Tank Cover too. Put new grips on and added a bar pad. New front Tires and all new cables and wally world lights.

IMG00014-20101111-1717-1.jpg

IMG00013-20101111-1716.jpg

IMG00012-20101111-1716.jpg

Then I rode for a while and read some stuff on the site. Ordered AWK rear GSXR brakes, 450r shock with ken oconnor bushings and bolt, a 6 pack rack, and a new motor to replace mine with bad cases and crank/crank bearings, a new seat, banshee front shocks, new raptor bend handlebars and hand guards.

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

Then some more riding reading and replenishing money. I got some blue plastics, new offset aluminum ITP rims and Kenda Klaw XC tires.

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

lookin good bro, try a heat gun lightly to remove some of those stress marks the blue plastics are famous for
where and what condition are them old white rear plastics in ?????

Now for my current rebuild. I am replacing all bearings, Got AFCO front shocks, 03 hood and headlight, swingarm skid plate, Raptor Hydros and Norman 420 spindles, PRM front bumper, new sprockets and chain, and ITP chrome lugnuts. Also going to paint the whole quad. More parts in the mail and hopefully some more upgrades but not promising anything more yet. These pics are of the whole quad which I disassembled after school today, some sanding started, and the pile of parts I have so far.

b0f6e0aa.jpg

acc054dd.jpg

e8dd676b.jpg

d46345ba.jpg

lookin good bro, try a heat gun lightly to remove some of those stress marks the blue plastics are famous for
where and what condition are them old white rear plastics in ?????

Thanks, I'll try heating them eventually lol. The rear plastics were in good condition but they are already sold.

haha quote of the day for tearing this down:

"its not f**king rocket science its quad science so take that sh*t off" bahahahahahah

well since josh wont post here lol.

won rad carrier and unknown extended axle. we think its a g force but we arent sure.

also he ordered a frame skid to add to the new parts pile along with the various bearings and bushings.

we will wash and maybe prime some stuff tomorrow if the weather cooperates

Looking good man. Thats the same way I mounted my headlight. Only wish there was a way to support it on the sides but the hood keeps it pretty tight once it is mounted.

Either orange or yellow haven't decided yet and some black and polished accents here and there.

The parts all came in within the past few weeks. Will get pics when I get to work on it next. Anyone know any ways to tell what kind of extended axle it is. Didn't think to take a pic and its at my grandmas so cant do it for a while.

Looking good man. Thats the same way I mounted my headlight. Only wish there was a way to support it on the sides but the hood keeps it pretty tight once it is mounted.

Ya I know it's pretty loose plus one of the hooks on my hood was broken so its not the best fit but it will do ok.

When i mounted mine I took a piece of aluminum, about an inch wide, bolted it to the middle mount you bent downward, and curved the piece over the frame rails and took a small bolt and nut and bolted the side of the hood that way. the piece kind of made a W so when you pulled up on the hood the aluminum would press up on the frame rail and wouldn't move. worked well, i plan on doing that on the blue blaster i'm building

Rest of my Parts

Gforce(I Think) axle, Rad Carrier, Bearings, Flywheel Puller, PRM Bumper, Sprockets, Gold X-Ring Chain, Skid Plate, and ITP Lug Nuts

971daba3.jpg

308534b6.jpg