Jet Opinion

PassbyBlast

Oct 10, 2015
New to blasters but just rebuilt the top end and added some stuff and was going to rejet the carb and was wondering for a good starting point. Bike has 67.75 bore so a 205cc FMF fatty, stock silencer, profilter air filter, no lid, stock carb, b8es plug and altitude here is 5200ft. Was gonna start with needle middle clip stock pilot and 300 main, is this a good starting point? Thanks for any help.

I'm about 1500 ft lower, what awk gave was a good starting point, I have about the same setup and ended up leaning my needle a clip and I think I ended up with a 280

Reactions: jus_me
Hey got one more question for you guys. I'm going to start off with my idle and air/pilot screw was wondering how to go about it. I know there's the air screw on the side of the carb and then an idle adjust screw on top of the carb, I'm just a little lost on where to set each one for a baseline. I've read up on starting your air screw about 1.5 turns out but not sure about setting the idle screw, thanks again guys.

Idle speed adjusting.

Set float level, make sure that all jets are clean and fuel flows freely from the float bowl drain when the screw is cracked open.

Start with air screw 1.5 turns out.

Set idle screw so that it has some sort of idle. With TORS it is the big screw under seat on top of unit. With no TORS is is the brass screw midway down carb body.

Warm up engine to operating temp and then set idle screw for a faster idle, 2000rpm+

Adjust air screw either way to get the fastest idle.

Adjust air screw a little at a time leaving 10 secs or until the motor responds.

Re adjust idle screw for desired idle .