is this motor any good?

i dont see why not. if not then it shouldnt take much modding to make it fit. if you have fabbing skills then no problem. but i am not an expert. im sure someone can chime in

Hell it just looks like a big bore DT200 to me. The cylinder and head design look identical to the Blasters. If it's powervalved I don't see why not.........assuming you are ambitious in finding parts for it.

I agree with questionable parts availability.

However, I almost wonder if just the top end from that engine would bolt onto a Blaster bottom end. Instant 50cc gain. Though I doubt it would be that easy, I wonder if anybody has tried it?

Ok thanks just seen it on there. Reason asking is I just picked up a roller for a deal and have my full stock internal blaster to ride. Thanks tho

Ha! I just answered your other post with the answer to this one.
I owned a 74 DT250. Dull tractor when I first bought it. Raised the ports and lowered
the cylinder and made an aggressive tuned pipe for it. Really livened the bike up.
It had a powerband thereafter. Still not as peppy as my 74 CR250, but very good
for the time and easier to ride than the old CR250. With no powervalve these engines
had narrow power ranges. The CR250 was peaky, much like a modern MX 125, the DT250 stock had a very low rpm powerband, much like a 4 stroke. Even suped up it
still was a medium rpm engine.

It would work well in an ATV with a good pipe and some tuning in my opinion, if you can still get oversize pistons, rings and gaskets for it. It was a very tough and reliable engine in its day. Capable of running many street miles before needing re-ringing.

Steve

I do have some fab skills: How to make a 4x4 van...
And would suggest that if you are here asking "How easy would it be?" - the answer will probably be "very difficult!".

Can you cut the tapered wedges and weld a pipe?
Can you be sure your welds will hold the horsepower and vibration?
Can you line up a chain so it doesn't wear out sprockets?
Can you figure out the exact lengths of the swingarm collars? To 0.1mm?
For the effort you are going to put into this, will it be an improvement over a good working stock blaster?

What is your goal? Less weight? More HP? Better torque? Better gears?
What about reliability?

For the most part, the virtues of the Blaster chassis are light weight, small size, reliability, economy and simplicity.
How can you increase power, handling, suspension, and braking without taking from these virtues?

If you are swapping for more power, for the cost (and the work!) is this new (to you!) engine going to give you more than you could get from a lightly modified Blaster engine?
How is the gearing and the weight? Reliability?
After days and days of work, are you going to be more happy with this?

This is the way I'd think this through.