In need of jetting direction

cannedmushroom

Oct 17, 2011
N. KY
Finishing up my build and need a good place to start w/ jetting (Main and pilot) a stock carb. I have been looking around the forum for a few hours but I did not find anything w/ similar mods.
Mods to the engine are; cylinder has an extreme port job by Diamond Racing, shaved head, Phantom Performance/Factory 7 full Exhaust, V-Force 3’s, and Uni 2-stage w/ air box lid removed.
Elevation is about 900ft here in the N. Kentucky area.
Guy at my local shop called Dynojet and they told him that a stage 2 jet kit may not have what I need. So I am going to buy them individually. Any help w/ a good starting point would be greatly appreciated.

i'll say 350-360ish on the main and work your way down. your pilot jet should be fine since it's the stock carb.

Thanks guys! I hope to move up to a 28mm carb in the spring because at this point my Blaster budget is low. Thanks again.

Finishing up my build and need a good place to start w/ jetting (Main and pilot) a stock carb. I have been looking around the forum for a few hours but I did not find anything w/ similar mods.
Mods to the engine are; cylinder has an extreme port job by Diamond Racing, shaved head, Phantom Performance/Factory 7 full Exhaust, V-Force 3’s, and Uni 2-stage w/ air box lid removed.
Elevation is about 900ft here in the N. Kentucky area.
Guy at my local shop called Dynojet and they told him that a stage 2 jet kit may not have what I need. So I am going to buy them individually. Any help w/ a good starting point would be greatly appreciated.

The blaster budget is showing signs of life, and after a few suggestions I thing I’m going to go w/ the Keihin 33mm pwk. The place I’m buying from will pre-jet it for me; I just need a good starting point. I have no experience w/ Keihin cards so I am totally in the dark on this one. All the mods are still the same as stated before. I had to jet the stock carb w/ a 400 main, it runs a little on the rich side but that’s ok w/ me. Leak down test was good (thanks Slickerthan you). Again any help would be greatly appreciated.
Also, I know I will need a new intake boot, any suggestions for one that will accommodate the V Force 3?

Hey bud , how ya been?? Your welcome, anyhow that 33 your getting Should be -165-168 and 52 pilot just to be safe can always step down! I haven't used my 33 yet but i am starting with 165 and the 52 pilot! I will have a similar port with triples and I'm stroked +3 CFm box-uni, but i will be running a toomey for now! I think that F7 will require just a smigde more main, at least my power pros like a huge one!

Last edited:
on the stock carb, i ran a 330 very happily with said mods in my sig. standard 32.5 pilot is ample. I alsu used the banshee needle on mid clip.