How To Install Oil Injection Block Off Kit

ok this my be a stupid question to some of you but this is my first 2 stroke and how do i mix my own oil & whats the 32:1 mean?

ok this my be a stupid question to some of you but this is my first 2 stroke and how do i mix my own oil & whats the 32:1 mean?

Mixing your gas and oil is easy, the 32:1 means 32 parts of gas to 1 part oil. So the 32:1 ratio would be 4 ounces of oil to every gallon of gas, since a gallon is 128 ounces and 128 divided by 4 is 32.

To mix the oil and gas just dump the oil into a gas can you use specifically for your blaster, it doesn't really matter which you add first as long as you mix it at the correct ratio and get it mixed up good. An easy way to get it mixed is to fill your gas can up a little, add your oil to it and then add the rest of the amount of gas.

What do you guys use for the oil do you us the yamalube? or do you recommend something else?

Thats very debatable question everyone uses this or that. Just make sure it is a quality 2cycle and you should be ok.

I personally use Bel Ray MC-1. Alot of guys like Klotz or amsoil

28:1 is way to much oil the oil injection oiled it 32:1 you should mix it 40:1 you would get on the pipe alot faster then what you will with 28:1 because it wont take as much time to clear out.

actually they tested and a 2 stroke performs its best at like 18.5:1. Less oil=less seal between piston rings and cylinder which= less power. 32:1 is just about the sweet spot between practicality, power, and protection

Pics for reference:
Remove kickstarter oil pump cover and oilpump.
Then remove the 8-10 little bolts holding the cover on. I used a 5/16 socket but it may be 6-8mm

DSC03342.jpg

While in there you can inspect the internals for wear
DSC03344.jpg

Plastic gear
DSC03343.jpg

After removing E-clip tap with a punch or screwdriver outward from the inside of the cover and the shaft will pop out. Be sure to get rid of the seal. You dont want that to fall inside the case.
DSC03345.jpg

Part numbers for reference be sure to replace case gasket
DSC03346.jpg

Reinstall in reverse order. Dont forget fluid..
DSC03347.jpg

DSC03348.jpg

Part numbers for reference be sure to replace case gasket
DSC03346.jpg

Reinstall in reverse order. Dont forget fluid..
DSC03347.jpg

DSC03348.jpg
[/QUO

GOOD JOB ON THE PICS. GOOD EXPLANATION. AND HOW IN THE WORLD DID YOU FIND THE PART NUMBER FOR THE FACTORY BLOCK OFF PLATE?

Kind of lucked into them really. Figured some people would want the yamaha kit instead of a aftermarket equivalent.. I imagine they're both the same..

Get the part numbers from the bags in the pic there, then go to a local quad/bike shop and ask them to order them. Mine cost about £15. Or vitos in the USA are pretty speedy and decent priced

That seems like a lot of work & waste of money... Thanks for the info though! But I'm just gonna stick with the 2nd option and just remove the gear and plug the tube to the carb, it's cheaper, easier, faster, and just as effective