How To 'Break In' a Two Stroke MUST be done after a top end rebuild

ok, if you think breaking it in softly, (which doesnt put a load on your piston rings, then be my guest, 20 hours of soft riding is INSANE! you dont have as much time as you think to break in the rings properly, if you ride soft, then your top end simply wont last as long, sure it will run, but wont last as long. over 20hrs of hard riding on my wiseco piston on my yfz450, and i expect another 50+ hours of reliable running.

and in the magezines they are telling us that you need to rebuild the top end every 20hrs for casual, and 10 hrs for racing 450s,

do you believe that? i dont, so what makes you think you should believe every little word on your manual. ill stick to what makes sense.

i noticed you said i wouldnt be breaking it in right. can you prove to me that there is a right way?

i proved to myself what the right way is, when i put in a higer compression pistion on my yfz, the stock one looked almost new besides tiny scuff marks, that pistion had over 30hours on it. still was running fine, just wanted more power:)

ok, if you think breaking it in softly, (which doesnt put a load on your piston rings, then be my guest, 20 hours of soft riding is INSANE! you dont have as much time as you think to break in the rings properly, if you ride soft, then your top end simply wont last as long, sure it will run, but wont last as long. over 20hrs of hard riding on my wiseco piston on my yfz450, and i expect another 50+ hours of reliable running.

and in the magezines they are telling us that you need to rebuild the top end every 20hrs for casual, and 10 hrs for racing 450s,

do you believe that? i dont, so what makes you think you should believe every little word on your manual. ill stick to what makes sense.

if its a 4stroke that your talking about then 2-3 tanks of gas ran at 1/2 throttle should be fine

if its a 4stroke that your talking about then 2-3 tanks of gas ran at 1/2 throttle should be fine

right, but i dont baby the 2 stroke either once its warmed up, everyone has their own way i guess, its hard to prove it either way since you cant actually see whats happening in the engine.

yep i just did that its not as boring as it sounds it just takes some time and belive me its worth it just make sure you arent to lean on the oil you will just f@&% the whole thing up

8 heat cycles are ridiculous. In order for rings to seat properly they need gas pressure to push them against the cylinder walls. At idle there isnt enough pressure to seat the rings against the walls for a true break in.

To each is his own, but i would never heat cycle a bike 2 times let alone 8 times.

Ride that biotch and let the rings seat in properly with the amount of pressure they need. In Las Vegas where it gets over 100 degrees, whom in their right mind would let an air cooled blaster idle in the garage (or outside) for 8 times at 15 minute intervals?

Do what you do, and good luck for how ever you break in your motors.

do the blaster motors that are stock blow up easy and what do i do to block off the oil injection outfit cause i dont want the motor to go

Oh. Well it still sounds boring as hell.

Wrong fix get on it an beat it like it owes you money no break in needed you ever watch motocross or have been in any pits after a heat they tear down the top end an ring it an you dont see them riding around half speed then shuting it off an waiting so do what you want if it makes you feel any better

After we rebuilt the top end on one of our Blasters we followed the "break in" procedure posted up here... Just after rebuild I compression tested the machine, and came up with 125# compression. After break-in we ended up with 130#. The thing runs stronger than it did when we bought it, and it starts up 1st kick cold with no trouble at all.

I am a firm believer in research, and doing things right. Following this walk-through goes along with many other I have looked into.

Not saying that other methods are wrong.. Im sure there are hundred of different ways to break in a motor to make it last.. I am just saying that this method worked out wonderfully, and this method works great ! !

The people who do these walk-throughs take alot of time and effort to help us to get the most out our machines.I:I

I just wanted to reiterate this!!!!!

Timsyfz thanks for the luv

thats not really a good idea... you should do an official breakin, but i did read somewhere BUT IM NOT GOING TO RECOMEND THIS BECAUSE ITS NOT REALLY OFFICIAL...BUT! i did read somewhere that you can just go and run it hard as hell and it will be good..but im not recomending it over the official breakin so okay?

yeah.. speaking from experience... don't do this.... i put a topend in on wednesday and went racing saturday.. with about 30 mins worth of riding on the motor... halfway through the main... brrrrrrrrrrrrrr... nothing... top ends gone... New cylinder, new head, new piston, all trashed... moral of the story
DO THE BREAK IN PROCEDURE!!!

i was just wonderin if it was true that a stroked blaster mite overheat, ive heard that its 250s and up, ive heard 230s and up, but idk, im buyin a 94 blaster bored over .40, so i dont wanna hav to hav overheating problems if i dont hav to