how to adjust the needle?

1995blaster

Jul 30, 2009
well i feel stupid for askin this. But here it goes my bike keeps boggin out when i give it throttle but only when its under pressure. (in gear and moving) So i started a thread and they said i prob need new reeds. So i ordered some (still not here OMG) but i bought lock tight ( been told to use it one the rubber boot bolts?) and while i am putting new reeds in im gonna adjust the carb. I dont know how to adjust the needle? any pics or any help?

Put locktite on your reed screws so they don't fall into the motor. Boot bolts are optional.

After removing the slide from the carb, you adjust the needle by moving the little c-clip on the needle up one slot to lean it out (assuming a rich bog), towards the top of the needle.This will lower the needle into the jet just a bit.

idk y its boggin its a lil rich but it has a stock main jet with a crappy pipe air filter and as soon as the reeds get here boyseen reeds lol

should i use the factory reed stops?

as far as reed stops go...some people ride without them, some people ride with them. i ride without them on my vf2s, but i guess it comes down to preference...

exactly. hence the name reed stops... but they just limit how far the reeds will open. so if you want them to open as far as the throttle will let them then ride without them. im not sure if factory reeds can handle no stops, but if so then i say take them off. i know on my vf2s the stops have a side that says low and a side that says high and i didnt notice a difference on either side. so thats why i took em off

when you pull your cap off and look at the throttle valve look down in it and u should see 2 screws i believe u have to remove them to take the needle out then there is a c clipo n the need that u can move

okay thanks thats a little more specific

i just got the reeds in and now its runnin bad ass! well better than ever
but its a little lean now DUH so monday when the store is open ill order some jets and mess around with tuning it