How do I remove rotor.

M

mexlas

Hello all,

I found out why I was having starting issues. I remover rotor cover to check my stator and soon as i removed the cover water came out ot it :(. Now i need to remove the flywheel-rotor to check my stator but cant seem to loosen the nut..What do I need to do?

Now i need to remove the flywheel-rotor to check my stator but cant seem to loosen the nut..What do I need to do?

If your having trouble with just the NUT. then a flywheel puller will not help in this situation (yet). You will need a clutch holding tool, motion - pro sells one. this will hold your clutch in turn holding the tranny and crank. Which will allow you to break the nut off. Its good to have a person helping you in this case.

Then if you cant just slide the flywheel off you will need a flywheel puller.

Or you can have the shop pull it for like 5-10 dollars

If this is what the shop will pull it for, then go for it. The clutch holding tool and the flywheel puller will be more than that. But as I like tools so much, Id say buy the tools do it yourself. They you will always have the tools to work on you own quad if things ever go wrong again.

P.s. you dont have to take the flywheel-rotor off to test your coils.

do a search or look around a bit more, I replied to someone else on how to test these coils without taking the flywheel off.