Help blaster not getting enough air

Scspeed

Aug 23, 2009
Blaster has been running sluggish down in low end and seems to be running rich, i tryed adjusting the screw on the carb and it did nothing and i also tryed the screw for the air pilot and still nothing.

When i take off my tom to my air box the blaster runs totally fine adn has no power loss. It also smokes less white.

What can be my problem???

Blaster has been running sluggish down in low end and seems to be running rich, i tryed adjusting the screw on the carb and it did nothing and i also tryed the screw for the air pilot and still nothing.

When i take off my tom to my air box the blaster runs totally fine adn has no power loss. It also smokes less white.

keep the lid off,thats what most of us do,allows for more air at a better flow. i just wouldnt go mudding with it.

well that means you have the blaster jetted for the lid off which allows more air flow so you have to richen up the mix otherwise if you have it jetted for the airbox lid on and then take the lid off you will be running lean

awesome. so ill just run it with the lid off. Thanks again guys. Yah it does have an aftermarket exhaust and reeds and also a reed spacer so that is probly why its doing that. It prolly could use larger jets which would solve my problem but for now ill just keep the lid off.

awesome. so ill just run it with the lid off. Thanks again guys. Yah it does have an aftermarket exhaust and reeds and also a reed spacer so that is probly why its doing that. It prolly could use larger jets which would solve my problem but for now ill just keep the lid off.

if its running rich you need smaller jets

if you take off the lid and run it leaner without reading the plug, you're gonna lean it too much and have a meltdown, pull that carb and tell us what jet's in it now, before you fry sumthin, and i aint talkin 'bout fryin eggs
better search on here for the how to's on "jetting" and "plug chops" or you'll be askin us why it blew up

you said it smokes white if so your crank seals are leaking. if the smoke looks blue your fine but white smoke is bad your burning tranny fluid causing you to run rich.